'Revolution' - Chapters One and Two
- About Me
- My Books
- Excerpt from 'No Matter What'
- Excerpt from 'Illusions of Love'
- Excerpt from 'See You At The Show'
- Excerpt from 'Too Much Trouble in Paradise'
- Excerpt from 'Bon Voyage'
- 'Unbreakable' - Chapters One and Two
- 'Revolution' - Chapters One and Two
- 'Retribution' - Chapter One
- 'Resurrection' - Chapter One
- 'Allure' - Chapters One and Two
- 'Obsession' - Chapter One
- 'Surrender' - Chapter One
- 'Broken' - Soldiers of Darkness Book #1 - Chapter One
- 'Betrayed' - Soldiers of Darkness Book #2 - Chapter One
- 'Bound' - Soldiers of Darkness #3 - Chapter One
- 'Lawfully His' (The Dirty Business Series Book #1) - Chapter One
- 'Willfully Hers' ( The Dirty Business Series Book #2) - Chapter One
- 'Breathe Into Me' - Chapter One
- 'Protection' (Death Knights MC Book #1) - Chapter ...
Tuesday, 13 December 2016
There's a new HOT boss in town...
I think, ever since the onset of Christian Grey in the ‘Fifty Shades…’ books, there’s been a bit of a trend in the world of (certain) romance novels/genres for writers to create their very own Mr. Grey; the rich and powerful boss who, underneath his expensive suit and his quite possibly staid outward appearance is hiding a far more sexy secret. So, have I just jumped on that still-rolling bandwagon and created my own Christian Grey? No. I haven’t. Because the character of Evan King in ‘Lawfully His’ is in no way similar to or inspired by the aforementioned Mr. Grey. OK, there are similarities – Evan King is rich, powerful, and yes, he’s harboring secrets. I'm telling a story here. It'd be pretty boring if he was everything he seemed to be.
But that’s where the similarities end. Have I created a handsome boss on whom to base a sexy story around? Yes. And I make no apologies for that. Because I can’t wait for everyone to meet Evan King. And to take you on his journey. But he's no Christian Grey. He's Evan King. And are you ready to meet him yet...?
Evan King is a lawyer. A very successful, well-respected lawyer, one of the best in New York. He’s also handsome, slightly arrogant, hot-as-hell but emotionally stone cold. And he has his reasons for that. He’s slightly older – mid-forties, unmarried, still playing the field with no plans to settle down. He has his demons. He just doesn’t want to face up to them, so he deals with them in his own way. The right way? Not always. He seeks solace in sex; meaningless encounters with women he never really wants to see again. He uses his arrogance and hot good looks; his power, to deflect all the crap he doesn't want to think about. He's put those demons to rest and he has no intention of waking them up.
But the day Lola Burrows walks into his world it all changes. Everything. He doesn't realize it at the time, why would he? She's just another toy for him to play with, another distraction. But so is he. Sex, power, vulnerability - they can seem very alluring. They can also be very dangerous.
They both need each other. For very different reasons. They both need each other. But at what cost...?
'Lawfully His' is released January 5th, but is available to pre-order right now!
You can also check out Chapter One of the book for FREE right HERE!
'Lawfully His' will also be available in paperback very soon. Watch this space for details of that...