Tuesday, 10 November 2015

The man behind Neal Cannon...


I think it's fair to say that, as a writer, I spend a lot of my time in a little bubble of make-believe. Which, to be quite honest, is a lovely place to spend my days sometimes. And as a romance writer, especially, using that little bubble of make-believe to create new characters is one of my favourite jobs. But it isn't always an easy one. Sometimes getting that character just right takes a bit of time, but when it came to creating the character of Neal Cannon - the heartbreakingly handsome art dealer in my lastest erotic romance Allure - well, that was easy. My husband and I were talking about the book one night, planning a few things out while an episode of White Collar was playing on the TV, I looked up, and Neal Cannon was born! 


The beautiful Matt Bomer...
Quite honestly, in my opinion, I have never, ever seen a man more beautiful than Matt Bomer. In fact, when I first started watching White Collar I couldn't concentrate on what was going on because I couldn't take my eyes off Matt! The only thing that kept going round in my head was how unbelievably handsome he was. Impossibly handsome, I called him. And I still do. He truly is beautiful. And that's how I'd pictured Neal Cannon in my head when I was creating him - a beautiful man. For my previous few books I'd been writing about bikers with beards and tattoos and a tough-guy attitude for The Lone Riders Series. So this was a bit of a departure in terms of male characters. He had to be right. And thanks to some really quite nice Bomer inspiration, I think I've got Neal Cannon just how I wanted him. He had to be handsome. He had to be the kind of man women want to spend time with - the kind of man women want to sleep with, Allure is an erotic romance after all! Neal Cannon had to be a fantasy man for the people who take the time to read his and Kira's story. You could say he's my own Christian Grey. My hot and handsome creation. And I really, really like him!! 


So, if you decide you want to check Allure out (and you can read the first two chapters for FREE right HERE), just remember who inspired Neal Cannon - an enigmatic man, a mysterious man; a man so hot he can make your knees go weak at fifty paces!! And that goes for Mr Bomer as well as Mr Cannon... 





Allure is available to download now. And it's FREE to read with Kindle Unlimited!




No comments:

Post a Comment