Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Work on my new tattoo has begun!


Yesterday saw not only the release of Resurrection, book #3 in The Lone Riders MC Series, but it was also the day when something I have wanted for a long time began to take shape - a brand new tattoo! I adore the things. I've always had a fascination with body art, always wanted to get some of my own but it wasn't until I hit my late 30s that I took the plunge and got one on my upper right arm. But I was never going to be satisfied with just one. Oh no. I wanted another one. A bigger one. And although my ultimate dream is a sleeve tattoo, I haven't gone quite that far. But, my new tattoo will be spread over the entire length of my left arm. 

So, in the midst of Resurrection's release day yesterday, I took off a few miles up the road to Indigo Rose, a tattoo studio in Langley Moor, Co. Durham, where the totally fabulous Helen began work on my new body art. In this first two-hour session she managed to finish the outlines of the three roses, which you can see in the picture below, and in a week and a half I go back for another two-hour session to get those roses filled in with black ink. 

And once that's done Helen will freehand a vine that will link all the roses together from my wrist to my shoulder. I think it's going to look amazing when it's finished, and I can't wait to see the end result! 

Did it hurt? I'm not going to say I didn't feel a thing, but it wasn't anywhere close to what I'd call painful. I didn't flinch a bit during those two hours, in fact, I actually found it quite relaxing!! But I'm probably just a bit weird... 

Anyway, that's how I celebrated Resurrection's release day. And now the ladies of The Lone Riders aren't the only ones who are inked... 

Watch this space as my tattoo journey continues...

And don't forget, Resurrection is now live and available to download from Amazon! You can also read it for FREE if you've got Kindle Unlimited...



No comments:

Post a Comment