Friday, 21 November 2014

A bit of a catch-up...

I don't appear to have blogged for a while, but that's because I've been a bit busy working on my 12th novel, a work-in-progress that started out as something I just couldn't seem to get my head around, and ended up being a book I've fallen completely in love with! Hence my need to, basically, shut down everything else, hide away in the office ignoring social media as best I can, and get on with trying to finish this manuscript before Christmas, so I can spend the holidays going through this first draft and polishing it up, because there's a lot that still needs doing to it. It was, originally, supposed to have been submitted to my publishers in early December, but they've been incredibly understanding of the problems I had with this story in the beginning, and the extension they've allowed me has really helped ease the pressure, and make this book a hundred times better than it would have been if I'd had to rush the manuscript. Because I hate submitting anything I don't truly love. And I truly love this story. Now. 

But I just want to say, to anyone who might think I've been ignoring their posts on Facebook, or not saying thank you for the RTs on Twitter, I'm not ignoring you. I promise. I just need to get my head down and write, or this manuscript just ain't gonna get finished! I promise to work on being a lot more sociable in the new year. ;-)

So, that's what I've been concentrating on for the past few weeks - and the only clue I'm going to give out as to what this new book is about is... well. Let's just say it's businessman versus biker. And I've had so much fun with that scenario, I can't even tell you...

Anyway, what else has been going on with me lately? Nothing earth shatteringly exciting, except... I've only gone and managed to nab tickets to see the Foo Fighters at Sunderland's Stadium of Light next May!!!! Which is what seems to have distracted me a little bit these past couple of days. 

Not been to a live gig for AGES, so I'm a touch giddy at the prospect of not only experiencing another stadium gig next year, but I'm actually going to see one of my absolute favourite bands ever! These guys are celebrating twenty years together in 2015, and I have been a fan for all that time. Always loved them, always wanted to see them live, and the fact I'm now going to see them play just a few miles up the road from me has got me more than a little excited! I knew there was a reason I didn't want to see Take That on tour next year - the first tour of theirs I've ever missed. But there was just no excitement at the prospect of seeing Howard Donald, Mark Owen and Gary Barlow play live. No excitement at all. And finding out the Foos were coming to Sunderland on the same day Take That tickets came on sale, well, I had to make a choice. Couldn't afford both. And Dave Grohl would win any fight between him and Barlow! No contest. Can't frigging wait!!!!!

So, apart from me cracking on with this manuscript, making plans for 'Retribution', the sequel to 'Revolution' and the next book in The Lone Riders Series - which I hope to get back to working on in January - and booking tickets to see my rock idols, things have been pretty quiet around here. Oh, except that I now have all four of my HarperImpulse-released books out in paperback. And I've got copies of all of them, which has been a dream come true for me, to have some of my books in print. 

My babies in paperback...

I just think those 'Striker' book covers look gorgeous together...

And before I go, an update on our latest TV binge-watching box-set experience. We're up to Season 6 of '24' now, and I'm addicted! I just wish people would listen to Jack Bauer. It frustrates the hell out of me when they don't. I can understand why he gets so arsey now... 

I'm also in complete denial that it's only 5 weeks until Christmas, and in even bigger denial that there are only two more episodes of 'Sons of Anarchy' left. Ever. The only thing getting me through that - apart from the thought of seeing the Foo Fighters next year - is that there's still one final season of 'Justified' to go in January. Timothy Olyphant in that Stetson... yum...


No comments:

Post a Comment