Monday, 6 October 2014

The 'Revolution' playlist - the music that inspired my biker romance...

This playlist was heaven to put together for me, because I love my music hot, heavy and loud! Which was exactly the kind of inspiration this new book of mine needed. 

As most of you know now, Revolution is a gritty biker romance. It's not a pretty book, by any stretch of the imagination, but it's probably my favourite book of mine so far - because it gave me an excuse to throw myself into a world that has always fascinated me. And I've always had a thing for men with beards and tattoos... and motorbikes... Anyway, check out some of the songs that inspired Revolution - Book #1 in The Lone Riders MC Series...


Trenches - Pop Evil



It's a song about fighting back, which is what quite a few of the characters in Revolution are doing, for one reason or another...

Redlight King - Bullet In My Hand 




I guess you could say it's all about second chances, this one. Something which is quite important in Revolution... But I just love the feel of this song (forget the harsh lyrics) - the atmosphere it creates. Suits the book perfectly...

Halestorm - Here's To Us


Did I say I didn't like ballads? That's mostly true, unless those ballads happen to come with some strong, feisty lyrics, which this one does. A proper rock ballad! And those lyrics could almost have been written for Lexi (the main female character in Revolution) and... well, I'm not going to say who, because that would spoil the book... but they really could have been written for her and her man...

Hinder - 2 Sides of Me



A number of songs from Hinder actually appear on the Revolution playlist, but this one's my favourite. Maybe because some of the men in the book - as hard and as tough as they might like to come across - well, maybe they have another side to them, too... But I love this song. Love it!

Soundgarden - Burden In My Hand


This was a song I'd started listening to just as I began writing Revolution, and it kind of stuck with me all the way through the process. One of my favourite songs of all time by this band.

Shinedown - Breaking Inside


I just adore this song. It's beautiful. A rock ballad with so much feeling... and so much significance, once again, for some of the characters in Revolution. This track has been known to move me to tears whilst writing some parts of the book... Just adore it...

Anvil feat. Franky Perez - Slip Kid (Music from Sons of Anarchy)


From season 2 of Sons of Anarchy - the show that finally gave me that push I needed to get Revolution written - this is probably my favourite song from the entire SOA soundtrack (so far!) Hard, heavy, with screeching lyrics and a good thumping beat. Turn it up loud, dust off those leathers, and throw yourself right into that world of tattoos, bad boys and bikes! Remember - play it loud! 

And to end with, the song from the show that started my journey towards Revolution...


Curtis Stigers and The Forest Rangers - This Life (Theme tune from Sons of Anarchy)



The song that started this whole, crazy ride... Listen to the lyrics - it says it all, really...


So there you have it. Just some of the tracks that helped inspire my first foray into the world of gritty biker romance. 

And don't forget, Revolution is available to download now from Amazon! Are you ready to start the ride...?




No comments:

Post a Comment