Monday, 27 October 2014

Sons of Anarchy Season 7, Episode 7 - My Favourite Moments...


*Yeah, the usual SPOILER warning applies here*


So, we're up to episode 7 already as this final ride hurtles towards its inevitable climax way too soon for my liking. But, I actually got a few laughs out of this one. And even though this final season is still getting criticism from some for its lack of "big"  moments, I'm too sad it's coming to an end to criticise anything. I'm just enjoying it. And hoping that Kurt Sutter still has something incredible up his sleeve for the climax. 

Anyway, 'Greensleeves' - here are my most memorable moments...

* Juice not getting killed. Because I honestly thought that's what was going to happen after the end of last week's episode, even though, in hindsight, it was probably way too obvious an outcome to be honest. Instead, Jax has kind of given him a way to get back into the club by getting himself sent to prison in order to kill Lin. Yeah. Jax is still barking up that wrong tree. But I'm seriously hoping it won't be too long before he finds out the truth behind who really killed Tara... Which brings me onto this next one...


* Abel overhearing Gemma tell Thomas that it was her who killed his mom. Poor kid. Not the words you really want to hear coming out of grandma's mouth... 

* A little bit of light relief - that exchange between Jax, Rat and Happy after Jax told them to get Gemma up to the cabin:

Rat - "What if she says no? Your mom can... you know, be a little... difficult." 

Jax - "Are you afraid of my mother?" 

Happy (with a completely straight face) - "We all are."

Not half as afraid as poor Abel must be feeling...

* Unser's growing suspicion. This man used to a police officer. Surely he's beginning to put two and two together by now?

* Gemma's terrified expression when Happy and Rat turn up to take her to the cabin. Not entirely sure why they didn't just tell her the reason why they were taking her there, but I suppose it was to try and heighten the tension somewhat. Have to say, though, Katey Sagal does a pretty good terrified expression. Even if we knew she had nothing to be frightened or nervous of. Yet...

* More light relief in the shape of Jax and Chibs dealing with the nasty pimp Greensleeves...

Chibs - "That was a very sloppy suicide." (And he even managed to make that sound sexy...)

Jax - "Yeah. It worked. He's dead."

I do like it when SOA throws in these occasional one-liners. And that particular exchange made my husband laugh for a good few minutes afterwards.

* Nero, becoming increasingly pig-sick of everything! I am loving Jimmy Smits as Nero. You can just tell he wants out of all this, but nothing's that simple, is it? And just what does he know, exactly? How's he going to deal with it all...? 

Chucky... give that guy a cut...
* A long overdue appearance from Chucky. Patch the poor guy in, come on! The sight of him riding into TM on that moped was just brilliant... Seriously. Patch him in...

* Poor Bobby! What's going to happen now? Is he going to survive? Spend the last few episodes wearing an eye-patch? Yeah... this mess is just getting bigger and bigger, but that's probably only to be expected. And whereas, before, I feared Juice would be the first club member to die, I'm now more than a little nervous for Bobby.

* Still not enough Tig! I want more Tig! Although, to be fair, there was quite a bit of Chibs in this episode so I shouldn't complain...


* Katey Sagal's truly haunting rendition of 'Greensleeves' during the montage at the end. So fitting, and beautifully done, even if I couldn't get the bloody tune out of my head for days afterwards...


The Final Ride continues... and I'm still in denial that it'll all be over before Christmas...

        

No comments:

Post a Comment