Friday, 26 September 2014

Sons of Anarchy Season 7 Episode 3 - My View

*Contains Spoilers! Again, you have been warned!*

Didn't actually get around to doing a post looking back at episode 2, mainly because I've been up to my eyes in stress trying to write two books, edit another, and get that one ready for publication. But as far as I can remember episode 2 involved Chibs balancing precariously on the back of a truck whilst shooting some Chinese men (he did look rather hot when he was doing that, though... or was that just me...?), Jax walking around with that permanently angry expression plastered all over his face, and Juice breaking my heart - again. But I've kind of resigned myself to the fact that's the way this final season is going to pan out.

Anyway, episode 3. How's it going so far? Here's what I think...

* What the hell kind of movies are Redwoody Productions making???? Love the fact Lyla's now in control of all that, though. And love the way the Sons were all sat watching that first take, of whatever the hell that was supposed to be!! A nice, light way to start another heavy episode.

* Ratboy is fast becoming a favourite of mine. Love the fact we seem to have a little romance going on between him and Brooke, and I have a feeling that might just be significant in some way or another as the season progresses. 

Niko Nicotera as SAMCRO's newest member Ratboy

* Jax really does seem to have adopted a permanently angry expression. I mean, I'm not complaining, because I actually think he looks so much better when he's looking all mean and moody. But is he going to be this way for the entire season? Will he ever crack a smile? Will he ever have a reason to...?

* That exchange between Juice and Chibs in the diner - I love Chibs, I really do, even if I am still having to strain really hard to understand what he's saying, and I'm British! Glasgow's not even that far away from where I live! Anyway, ever since Opie was killed (still hurts to write that) and he was promoted to my favourite Son I have loved that guy. But telling Juice to, basically, go kill himself... my heart broke. Not helped by Juice's facial expressions, or the way Chibs was looking at him. Can't even begin to think how this is all going to end for Juice, but if it's Chibs who hurts him...

Juice & Chibs - these guys are breaking my heart...

* What's going to happen with Jury? Again, no idea how this one is going to pan out, but something's quite obviously going to blow back on the Sons for what happened. You could guess that by the look on Jury's face when he was on the phone to Bobby...

* Step away from the sheriff, Chibs!!!! And I'm not just saying that because I have a slight obsession with soft spot for Chibs. But, come on! She's a shameless flirt, I saw it. No idea what the woman's up to, but is our lovely Scotsman (except when he's telling Juice to shoot himself) really going to be sucked in by her? Is this the beginning of some kind of romantic relationship for Chibs? Or is there something more to it than that...? 

* Gemma can bake??? I spent the last five minutes of this episode explaining to my husband what a pineapple upside down cake was. Yes, even Sons of Anarchy is giving me grief as my diet continues. Mind you, that particular pineapple upside down cake wasn't one that was enjoyed by its recipient, let's put it that way. Only Gemma could use cake as a way of getting to someone who'd done her wrong. And after what Jax did to the bloke, not sure that cake'll ever get eaten now...


Anyway, Gemma's baking efforts aside, I know a lot of people are saying this final season is taking a bit of time to get going, but as I'm a ridiculously huge fan of this show I'm not going to moan that it feels a little slow. I'm not even sure that it does feel a little slow to me, because, surely, this season more than any other is going to need some kind of build-up before what I'm assuming will be one hell of a finale hits our screens (don't let us down here, Kurt). The foundations are being set, stories are building, and, quite frankly, we're getting a lot more Chibs than I bargained for so, as far as I'm concerned, it's all good. Not that I'm shallow or anything... 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment