Monday, 15 September 2014

Sons of Anarchy Season 7, Episode 1 - My view...

*This post contains major spoilers - you have been warned...*

So, I've now watched the season 7 opener of Sons of Anarchy. The Final Ride. And I still can't type that without feeling a little stab of pain... But, what did I think of it? Well, without a shadow of a doubt that was one hell of an episode! And here are just a few of my favourite moments...

* Juice in hiding, but who knew he was so tidy? That boy can come hide at my place for as long as he likes, especially if he feels the need to run the vacuum round a couple of times, tidy the cupboards... Oh, and he's still breaking my heart, but maybe I just need to get that under control...


Juice - in hiding, but for how long...?
* Jax, full of hell and determined to do anything he can to avenge Tara's death - including sticking a fork into some poor Chinese bloke's head after he was (wrongly, obviously) blamed for Tara's death by Gemma. Anything to keep the heat off, eh, Gem? Quite honestly, though, Charlie Hunnam looks so much more attractive when he's got his angry face on. So much more attractive... I almost fancy him when he's going off on one...

* Chibs being all forceful and taking control - such a turn on, I can't even tell you, but I'm really not going there in this blog post... and he smiled! I love it when he smiles... *sigh*

* Tig being Tig. Because I just love Tig. He gets all the best lines...

* Nero still rocking those cardigans (but I do love Jimmy Smits). 

* Chucky's apparent new love of classical music... Oh, it's so good to have my boys back!

Charlie Hunnam as Jax, with Marilyn Manson... yeah... I know...

And it looks like this opener is setting up this final (nope, still can't say that word without feeling a teary build-up at the back of my eyes) season to be one blood soaked, wild and crazy ride!  Which is exactly what we want, although I'm still a bit concerned as to who is going to come out of this almost certain bloodbath alive, because Kurt Sutter has said that two club members will be dead before the season is over. Please, God, just let Chibs live. And Tig. And Bobby. And Juice... I'm really not dealing with this all that well, am I?

The Boys are back...

Anyway, I'm not here to give some long-winded recap of this episode. There are a wealth of those out there. And, to be honest, I was on the vodka on Friday night when I watched it so it'll need a second viewing from me to take it all in properly. I just feel the need to use my blog to get my feelings on this show off my chest, because this is the last time the Sons are going to be riding through the streets of Charming. And I'm starting the therapy early, because, by December, it'll all be over, and all we'll be left with is memories. And constant re-runs. And more memories. I swear to God, this show is messing me up way more than Breaking Bad did, and that's saying something. I was a wreck for about a month after that ended, so I'm dreading that final ever episode of SOA. Which, in a spot of spectacularly bad timing, is just days after my deadline to get another novel to my publishers. 

So, we've got Jax thinking Tara's death has now been avenged, when in reality we know all he's probably done is start one hell of a kick-off in Charming! I hope someone's given that new sheriff a heads-up... And I think we're going to have to wait a while yet before Tara's death is really avenged... if it is ever avenged...

What's going to happen to Unser now Juice has him held hostage in Wendy's bathroom? (Who knows? But I bet that bathroom's had a good run round with the bleach...) And will Chibs be taking control and acting all forceful every week? Because, if he is, I think I need to be more prepared... 

Anyway, that's one episode of this Final Ride (no... it's not getting easier to say that...) down, only another twelve (I think???) to go. And I can only imagine the s**t that's gonna go down over the next few weeks. And none of it is gonna be pretty...

Right, I'd better get back to the writing. I've still got a shed load of work to do on my soon-to-be-released MC Romance, and if I want you all to meet my very own group of biker boys before we say goodbye to the Sons, I'd better get my arse in gear...




No comments:

Post a Comment