Thursday, 11 September 2014

New book update, Sons of Anarchy, and a whole lotta writing!

Just realised I haven't written a new blog post for a month! And that's probably because I've had my head stuck in a manuscript for the past God knows how long. Well, around 6 weeks, give or take, to be exact. Ish. Yes, that's how long it's taken me to complete book number 11. Just 6/7 weeks. Because I bloody LOVED writing it! No, I mean, I REALLY loved writing it! So much so that I get butterflies just thinking about this book, that's how much I adored writing it. It feels as though I've waited all my writing life to create these characters, this world. Because all my life I've been a frustrated biker chick with a love of men who sometimes look as though they need a good wash, usually have facial hair that never sees a regular barber, and are covered in tattoos. I like the scruffy look, okay? I like it. I find it incredibly sexy, and now I've got my own little fictional gang of these men! I'm in frigging M/C heaven! 

Sons of Anarchy - My inspirational biker boys...

Anyway, not entirely sure what I'm doing with this book as yet. Don't know whether I'm going to self-publish it or whether I'm going to bite the bullet and let my publisher look at it, see what they think. Got a few decisions to make on that score, but, I'll be making a decision on that pretty soon because if I do decide to self-publish it then I want it out there before the end of this final series of Sons of Anarchy, which is early December. So I'd probably be looking at a late October release date because the book itself is all but done. It's about to undergo a third edit, I have a title I'm happy with, and a few cover ideas I'm playing around with so if it is gonna be another self-pubbed book then it's practically all but ready to go, which is actually really exciting! Yeah... if I wasn't so stressed out with everything I've still got left to do, writing wise - most of which is purely self-imposed - I'd be kicking my height right now! 
 
Sons of Anarchy's Tig, Chibs, and Jax... I love Chibs... just saying...

Cursing Sons of Anarchy just a tiny bit for throwing me into an obsession which meant I just HAD to write these books, but on the other hand, without that show I might never have got around to creating this bunch of characters that I completely ADORE! I think I've definitely found my niche in gritty, hard romance. Because this series of books (already started writing book 2) is most definitely romance with one hell of a kick! You like it pretty? Then step away now, because you ain't gonna like my biker boys. But I LOVE them!


My fictional motorcycle club has undergone a slight name change this week, though, after hubby said he thought my original name sounded more like a debt collection agency than an M/C. And he was forgiven only because he came up with a much better alternative. But apart from that, I'm so bloody happy with this book! As far as M/C romances go I suspect it falls more on the tame side of things, but it's still dark and gritty. Still rough-edged and hard, a bit like the men I've written about!!


So, I may be having to cut myself off from social media, friends, life in general for the next few months to get everything done that needs to be done before December 1st, but I'm fine with that. This book is almost edited to within an inch of its life now, the second book in the series has already been started, and a completely new novel has also had some work done on it. All options are being covered at the minute, sleepless nights are a regular occurrence now, and I haven't even started watching Sons of Anarchy the Final Ride! Not sure I'm emotionally ready yet to be honest. If someone could just let me know that Chibs makes it to episode 2 I might start to relax a bit more... And don't even get me started on Juice...

My man Chibs - I'm just not ready to say goodbye yet...

Anyway, it's back to the writing/editing cave for me because there's still shedloads of work to be done. But watch this space for updates on just what is happening with this M/C Romance of mine. Because, one way or another, you'll be getting to meet my biker boys. And I just hope you love them as much as I do...


No comments:

Post a Comment