Monday, 11 August 2014

Sons of Anarchy Season 6 finale, and a little social media holiday...

*IF YOU HAVEN'T YET WATCHED 'SONS OF ANARCHY', OR YOU'RE NOT COMPLETELY CAUGHT UP YET, THEN PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS POST CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS!*

So, I finally got to watch the Sons of Anarchy season 6 finale last night and, well, what can I say except... Wow!! Although I kind of had a pretty good feeling that Tara wasn't going to make it to season 7, I had no idea that was how she was going to die, or that Gemma would be the one to carry out that task quite so violently. What a way to go! Not pretty...

And I did not expect Juice to turn up and shoot the sheriff! But after that moment with Jax when, in the midst of a hug, Jax whispered "you betrayed me", you sort of knew Juice was going to do something. Bit worried about him now, though. His state of mind was pretty shaky before, but now it must be positively unbalanced! Have a bad feeling that he's probably not going to last more than a couple of episodes of season 7. And I really liked Juice. Gone right off Jax, several times, but I did feel quite sad during those final scenes, when he's holding a dead Tara, and crying. That couldn't fail to hit you hard. 

The moment my heart broke for poor Juice...
However, from what I can gather, next season he's pretty much full of hell, as you'd expect. And when he finds out what Juice has done (because he will find out), I can only hope it's a peaceful end for my favourite Puerto Rican. Can't really see that being the case, though... However, at least all my favourites are still standing - for now! Because I've heard plenty of rumours about Kurt Sutter doing a bit of a "Hamlet" with this next season and, if my memory serves me correctly, that pretty much means that everybody's probably going to end up dead at some point as this truly brilliant series takes it's final ride... I'm so gutted about that! I've only just discovered it, devoured all 6 seasons in a matter of weeks, and now that I've only just got to know these biker boys, they're going to be cruelly ripped away from me as quickly as they rode into my life. I can ask only one thing from Mr. Sutter - if you are going to do a Hamlet, and kill each of them off one by one, can we make sure Tig and Chibs are the last to go? Please?

Chibs and Tig... last men standing next season? I certainly hope so... love these guys...
Anyway, as mentally exhausting and emotionally draining as that finale was, I've got to get my head back into gear now and get down to some serious writing because I have a hellishly busy few months ahead. At the minute I'm about halfway through the first draft of a Sons of Anarchy inspired MC (motorcycle club) romance, the first in a series of books, and that needs to be finished pretty much asap, because I'm not sure this is one for my publishers, so it's more than likely going to end up being self-pubbed, possibly before Christmas - and if that's the case then I also need to start - and finish - a brand new manuscript for my publishers. By December 1st. So I need to write bloody fast right now! Which is the reason why I'm taking a bit of a social media holiday for a little while. I have to, I have no choice in reality. Even when using it purely for marketing purposes it can still be a distraction I can do without right now. I need to focus totally on my writing, otherwise I'm going to be in real trouble deadline-wise come the end of the year. And I can do without that stress.

So, for the next few months I shall be throwing myself into the world of bikers first and foremost, then when that WIP is done - hopefully by the end of September - I'll be starting on my next HarperImpulse book. All I can say is, it's a good job I love what I do... but I'm still exhausted just thinking about the next few months. The only bright light on the horizon is the fact season 7 of Sons of Anarchy is just a mere 4 weeks away now. And I, for one, can't wait...

1 comment: