Sunday, 3 August 2014

Sons of Anarchy - season 5: done! And I'm exhausted...!

We're about to start Sons of Anarchy season 6 tonight and, quite honestly, I'm exhausted! Watching Opie get beaten to death with an iron bar just 3 episodes into season 5 was enough to render me hopeless for at least 3 days afterwards, in fact, I'm not sure I'll ever get over that. I loved Opie. Opie was my man. I could have cried when he hit the floor, and Jax's face... I can't even write this without feeling just a little bit sick.

One of the most heartbreaking scenes in TV history for me... RIP, big guy...

But if that wasn't enough, for most of season 5 I also had to go through the pain of seeing Juice wear an almost constant expression of absolute fear (the amount of times I just wanted to hug him...), and live with the sheer, unadulterated panic that Tig might get killed off by Pope! 

Juice - character I most want to hug...
And even though my hubby kept telling me Tig wouldn't die, that Pope would get it instead, I had no idea he'd be right about that until about ten to midnight last night, when we finally got round to watching the season 5 finale. But, oh, the sigh of relief that came from me... Losing one of my favourite Sons was bad enough, but to have lost Tig as well, that would have destroyed me! And I don't even want to talk about the dog fights. Or Tig having to witness his daughter being burned alive by the aforementioned Mr. Pope. I tell you, that season was an emotional roller coaster that wrung me dry! The only bit of light relief came in the shape of the ever-brilliant Walton Goggins as Venus Van Dam. Watching the way Tig couldn't fight his attraction for that character was just hilarious! And exactly what I needed only a couple of hours after watching Opie die... you see, I still can't write that and not feel my stomach lurching with sadness, again! 

Venus and Tig - love Tig. So much...

But, on a more positive note, 5 seasons in (and we got there in just 3 and a half weeks!), and I now have a strange, unexplained but quite nice little crush on Chibs (there's just something about Tommy Flanagan, but don't ask me what... maybe I just need someone after the cruel killing of Opie... no, I'm not over it...), as well as an absolute, total obsession with this show! It's like my dream drama - men, motorbikes, loud, heavy music... I've been waiting all my life for this! And I know - I just know that when this show comes to an end after season 7 I'll be curled up in a corner sobbing like a baby, just like I did when Breaking Bad finished. 


Chibs (Tommy Flanagan) - crushing big time on this guy right now...


In the meantime, though, we've got season 6 to get through. And I swear to God, if either Tig, Chibs or Juice come to any harm I may have to take to my bed... 

Oh, and another thing, for those that might be interested. I'm now currently writing an MC romance - so, you see, this Sons of Anarchy obsession isn't distracting me in the slightest! It's actually fueling that over-active imagination of mine and could, one day soon, produce a brand new series of books from me. Watch this space...

And one final thing - Kurt Sutter, you may well be a genius for giving us Sons of Anarchy, but I'd just like you to know that I will never forgive you for doing that to Opie... ever... 

Okay. Season 6 - let's do this...



No comments:

Post a Comment