Wednesday, 11 June 2014

Nine reasons to watch the World Cup... The Beautiful Game just got hot!


With the biggest tournament in football almost ready to kick-off, I thought I'd do a little post to celebrate everything hot about Brazil 2014 - and I'm not talking about the weather!



Oh no. I'm talking about those blokes in shorts that are actually worth sitting through 90 minutes of a sport quite a few of you might not be all that interested in. I myself am quite a big fan of The Beautiful Game, but for those of you who aren't, check out these nine (didn't have time to round it up to ten - I'm actually supposed to be editing...) examples of everything that is good about this World Cup. Yep. It's time to check out the international eye-candy... 



David Villa - Spain

An absolute must on this list. Actually, if I'm being honest, most of the Spanish team could have been on this list, but I thought I'd better try and spread the love...



Gerard Pique - Spain



... but only after one more Spanish player has put in an appearance. But we don't stand a chance with this one, ladies. His other half's Shakira...








Yohan Cabaye - France

Not bad, even for an ex-Newcastle United player... Just don't let my Sunderland-supporting husband hear me saying that... ;-)



Roman Shirokav - Russia




Needs a little bit of three-day stubble and a few tattoos to be absolutely perfect, but I'm not complaining...













Orestis Kamezis -Greece



I've got Greek blood in me, so I had to have someone from my ancestral home in this list, didn't I? 






Jack Wilshire - England

If I'm being honest, it was a bit of a struggle to come up with a really hot player from my home country. I mean, Wayne Rooney, God love him, he's never really been pin-up material, has he? And because of the average age of the England squad this time around, I'm old enough to be, for the majority of them, their mother! However, Jack Wilshire has tattoos, could probably grow a beard (I like beards) if he wanted to... he gets the vote.


Niko Kranjcar - Croatia



Cute. And cute with stubble is even better...











Mauricio Pinilla - Chile


Oh yes! Dark hair, stubble, and tattoos! Almost verging on perfect now...








Mats Hummels - Germany



Lovely eyes, nice dark, unruly hair... that'll pretty much do for me...





Anyway, there we have it. My little look around at what Brazil 2014 has to offer during this World Cup. And, believe me, there are quite a few more out there who - even if you have no interest in football - might just make it worth your while tuning in every now and again. I mean, come on. The scenery really isn't all that bad, is it? ;-) 


And if you fancy meeting another hot footballer - but a purely fictional one this time - don't forget my sexy soccer romance Striker is out now! So, if you'd rather read about The Beautiful Game, and the kind of action you won't get to see on any of those pitches out in Brazil, then go download it HERE! It's really quite good... 


Right. I'm off to make sure I've got my World Cup wall chart ready...


No comments:

Post a Comment