Tuesday, 3 June 2014

Meet my Main Character Blog Hop - Ryan Fisher (Striker)


I've been nominated by the lovely Wendy Lou Jones for this blog hop - and you can check out her post and find out more about the main character from her book 'By My Side' HERE.

I've also decided, like Wendy, to give my main character a voice of their own, and let them tell you more about themselves. 

So, are you ready to meet bad boy footballer Ryan Fisher? Over to you, Ryan...




What is your name and are you real or fictitious?

My name's Ryan Fisher, and I'm a fictitious Premiership footballer.


When and where is your story set?

My story is set in the present day and takes place mainly in Newcastle-upon-Tyne in the north east of England.


Newcastle-upon-Tyne

What should we know about you?

Well, I’m a Geordie, born and bred in the north east of England, but I left the region when I was a teenager to follow my dream of becoming a top-flight footballer. And that’s exactly what I am! One of the best, I hasten to add. Some people would say I’m slightly cocky, maybe a little arrogant, but, hey, the women love me, I’m one hell of a footballer, so what can I do? I also have a bit of a past, but haven’t we all...?

What is the main conflict? What messes up your life?

Main conflict? Well, there's a bit of tension between me and my manager at Newcastle Red Star, the club I play for. To say what causes that tension would give too much away, but let's just say there are quite a few things we clash over.

What messes up my life? Well, where do I start? Drink, gambling, women... one woman in particular, actually. A very beautiful, very stubborn woman. Someone who isn’t like all the others – she doesn’t fall at my feet or need to flutter any false eyelashes to get my attention, and she really doesn't want to be a WAG! She's a challenge, and I don’t normally do challenges – I don’t need to. Whatever I want I usually get, until she came along…


What is your goal?

No pun intended there, I assume! My goal is to be happy. To get my head straight. To not mess up, again. To win this challenge I’ve suddenly been faced with…


What is the book title?

'Striker', and it’s book #1 in a trilogy. It's available to download right now through all online retailers! You can grab a copy from Amazon right HERE!


*



Thank you so much for tagging me, Wendy!

I'm now nominating another fellow HarperImpulse author Jill Knapp. Her book 'What Happens To Men When They Move To Manhattan?' is due to be released on July 24th, but is available to pre-order right now!

Over to you, Jill!



'Striker' is available to buy from all major online retailers - check out my HarperImpulse link to find out more!



1 comment:

  1. Great idea for a blog hop! You know how much I love you, Ryan...

    CJ x

    ReplyDelete