Friday, 20 June 2014

Fantasy Cast Friday re-worked - 'Striker'

As someone who spends most of her life living in a fantasy world, it's no surprise that what I love doing best when I write my books is picturing my characters in my head as though they were real people - and what I love doing even more is going into full-on fantasy mode by then taking that one step further and imagining who would play those characters should that particular book be made into a movie/TV series. I do that a lot. It actually helps with the writing, in a strange kind of way. And when I first self-published my sexy soccer romance Striker, I did do a fantasy cast post here on my blog a while back. But, seeing as the book has now been re-published through HarperImpulse, had a little re-edit and a brand new, stunning cover, I thought I'd do a little bit of updating on my fantasy cast list, too.  

But first, just in case you have no idea what Striker is about, check out the book blurb...

It’s time to play - dirty…

Amber Sullivan is an ambitious, beautiful and feisty Sports reporter for a local TV news programme. With an ex-professional soccer player for a father, she’s grown up in and around the world of premiership football, and boy does she know better than to get mixed up with the men who play the game. As rich and charming as they are, Amber has a strict no player rule.

One of the biggest names in football, Ryan Fisher is young, hot, and talented. He has it all – looks, fame, money; not to mention women falling at his over-insured feet and a lifestyle he’s in no hurry to give up.

At the centre of a multi-million-pound transfer deal back to his home club, Ryan’s a big scoop for a local sports journalist and Amber can’t afford to miss this career-making opportunity – even if that means having to interview the cocky sports star.
But once the tape starts rolling it’s clear Ryan’s got more than just an exclusive on his mind… and he’s used to getting exactly what he wants.

Delving into the lives of those who live and work within the so-called Beautiful Game, ‘Striker’ is a story of sex, secrets and the true cost of fame.

Footballers' Wives meets Jackie Collins in this sizzling scorcher of a read!

*

So, here we go. Fantasy cast list - Striker - re-worked...

And I think, first of all, we should tackle (see what I did there?) the main character, Striker himself - bad boy footballer Ryan Fisher. Who would I love to play him? I actually think it'd be quite hard to cast him perfectly, to be honest. Although there are probably a multitude of American actors who would be able to play him perfectly. But Ryan really needs to be British. In the book he's from northern England, a Geordie. So unless you can find me an actor outside of Britain who can do a pretty decent Geordie accent, I'm going with Threesome and The Paradise actor Emun Elliot


Emun Elliot


More Emun Elliot
Now, even though he has the most gorgeous Scottish accent (I could listen to him speak all day...), I'm absolutely positive Mr. Elliot could do a cracking job of my native north east dialect.

He kind of fits how I imagine Ryan Fisher to look, really. Handsome, hot, and... well, that just about covers it, really... 'Nuff said, I think...

Right. Who's next? Let's move onto the character of Amber Sullivan - a beautiful, feisty, female sports reporter. At first I imagined her being played by one of my favourite actresses, Sarah Parish. But because she's actually slightly older than Amber is, I had a few second thoughts about that one. But another brilliant British actress sprung to mind that could play Amber perfectly - Suranne Jones


Suranne Jones
She's played some strong, feisty characters in her time, and I think she'd be great as Amber. We might have to dye her hair dark red, though... 

Okay. Next character for the casting couch would be manager of the fictional football team in the book, Newcastle Red Star - Jim Allen.

Jim Allen is handsome, charismatic, and American. An ex-player turned manager he's back on Tyneside to head-up the club he used to play for, bringing with him secrets from the past, and a whole lot of trouble... 

Who would be the perfect man for this character? Well, my muse for that character started out as Person of Interest star Jim Caviezel.

More Jim Caviezel... Look! He even looks like a football manager in this photo!

His character of John Reese in that show is very similar to how I imagine Jim Allen to be - quite guarded, a little enigmatic, but with a low, sexy voice that makes him darkly attractive.  And as the character of Jim, along with Ryan, gets quite a few of the more steamy scenes in the book, he has to be hot! Or those scenes just wouldn't work. 

Timothy Olyphant
However, as I was writing the second and third installments of the trilogy, another muse came to the forefront. Another actor who, quite frankly, I would sell my mother for if it meant he would take this part. The gorgeous Timothy Olyphant! And, yes, I know I have a ridiculous crush on this guy after watching him in 'Justified', but, in all honestly, he would also be perfect for the role of Jim Allen. He's the right age, he's hot, handsome, and sexy as hell. And he can rock a suit just as well as Mr. Caviezel can. Actually, you know, if either of those two were to turn up on my "casting couch" I'd be one very happy woman, believe me...

Okay. The final main character in the book is that of Ronnie White - an ex-footballer-turned-TV pundit, and Amber's best friend. And for this character I'd be pinning my hopes on a bloke who isn't actually an actor, but who would be perfect for the part so I'm sure we could train him up. I'd have a go, anyway. Jamie Redknapp! Who is, coincidentally, an ex-footballer-turned-TV pundit himself... Perfect, eh? ;)


Jamie Redknapp
Couldn't have cast that one better...

Anyway, that's the main characters sorted, but what about the others who play a part in Striker?

There's Amber's boss, Kevin Russell. He's the producer at the Newcastle-based news station she works for, and I'm going local for this one and saying that the lovely Robson Green would be great as Kevin! He'd bring the dry humour that Kevin has into the role, and I think he'd be just perfect to play that character. I'm quite pleased with that choice... And he's a northern boy! I mean, I've got to have at least one north east actor in this, haven't I? Seeing as it's set mainly in Newcastle.


Robson Green
Next we have Amber's father, ex-footballer-turned manager of a lower league local club, Freddie Sullivan.
I had to think about this one for a while, but all of a sudden the name Sam Neill popped into my head. He's always been a favourite actor of mine, and I actually think he'd be great as Freddie. 


Sam Neill
So, there we have it - my ideal cast list for that yet-to-be-devised TV series Striker - the north east of England's answer to Footballers Wives! I can knock out a script in a couple of days if anyone's interested... 'Fifty Shades of Football' has quite a ring to it, don't you think... ;)


Anyway, this is all a bit of fun - but I know I'm not the only author out there that does this, so, if you want to share your own personal Fantasy Cast, just let me know.

In the meantime, if you've read Striker, let me know what you think of my choices for these main characters in the book, and if you disagree with any of them, who do you think would have fitted the character better? 



All 3 books in the super-sexy Striker Trilogy are available to download here:-




All 3 books are also available in paperback. Order HERE from Amazon.








No comments:

Post a Comment