Friday, 27 June 2014

Fantasy Cast Friday - By my Side by Wendy Lou Jones


Fantasy Cast Friday is back! And this week I've got an absolutely brilliant one for you as my fellow Harper Impulse author Wendy Lou Jones shares with you her dream cast for her latest book 'By My Side'. But before we get started, I think it's time we found out a little bit more about Wendy, and her brand new book...


Author Bio

My name is Wendy Lou Jones. I was born and raised in West Sussex, England and moved to Birmingham to study Medicine at University, where I was lucky enough to meet my husband. We now live in a little village in Herefordshire with our two grubby boys. I discovered a love of writing not long after my youngest son started school. And if you were to ask me what it was that made me make the switch, I’d tell you quite simply, that it started with a dream. 



'By My Side' – blurb


Betrayed by her boyfriend and best friend, Lena is left empty; trapped under a weight of guilt and loneliness. Then, at her lowest point and when she needs it most, a mysterious stranger comes into her life with a tale of friendship, family, and finding love in the most unexpected of places…

Katy Heath is definitely not thinking of love when she comes across consultant, Adam Elliott, berating some poor patient on the ward one day. In fact it is Dr Peter Florin who quickly has everyone’s hearts aflutter with his easy smiles and practised charm.

Yet Katy comes to realise that there’s more to Adam than his determination to push everyone away and it’s not long before she finds herself longing to reach out to touch the man within, healing the pain of his past.

As Lena is drawn into Katy’s story, she begins to learn – just as Katy does - that the course of true love never did run smooth.



Oh, hang on... I can hear the sound of flashbulbs going off, the roar of a crowd... I think I'd better hand you back over to Wendy... Wendy, are you there...?


Welcome to the opening night of the much anticipated, smash hit movie, By My Side. And I believe it’s going to be a star-studded audience here tonight, but maybe a few lesser known faces on the screen. 

By My Side was first released as an eBook in 2014, by the author Wendy Lou Jones and I believe she’s here tonight… oh yes, there she is, wearing a stunning long, deep blue, halter neck dress with butterfly detail -  a nod to hercover art there, I think.

And our first cast member is just getting out of the limousine and it’s… Yes, it’s Richard Armitage (famously known for his portrayal of John Thornton in the BBC’s adaptation of Elizabeth Gaskell’s, North and South). 



Here he plays the tortured orthopaedic surgeon, Adam Elliott, the spikey withdrawn, yet passionate man who Kate tries to tempt to fall in love again. And he’s greeting the author there. Oh, and is that a furtive kiss I spy? We’ll get back to that later, because…



Just pulled up behind is one of our leading ladies. Katy Heath, the hard working and feisty A&E nurse played by none other than Jessica Chastain, who’s currently filming the horror movie, Crimson Peak, so we’re quite lucky she could be here with us tonight.
              






And now Jessica has been joined on the red carpet by Matt Lanter, of 90210 fame, looking, well, I can only describe it as ‘very casual’ for a red carpet event. Matt plays Jack, the young undertaker, who wins over our other leading lady with his quiet charm, but where has she got to? 





Oh, here she is, the woman herself, just stepping out in an understated little black number. The lonely, girl, rejected by her best friend and boyfriend and lost in her own world of hopelessness and despair. She’s a relative newcomer to the silver screen, the delightful Stacy Martin. It’s Lena, everyone.

And as we watch them walking into the fabulous building in front of me, with paparazzi flashing and crowds cheering all around, I’m sure it’s going to be a spectacular evening and I’ll be sure to catch up with a few of them at the premier party later.


Back to Michelle, on the blog.


Thank you, Wendy! And watch yourself with that free champagne, ok? Don't want you doing anything with Mr. Armitage that might make it into tomorrow's tabloids... anyway, I think a few of you out there might just want to find out a lot more about the fabulous Wendy Lou Jones, so here are her contact links:- 

Twitter -  @WendyLouWriter





And if you'd like to grab yourself a copy of 'By My Side' you can do just that by checking out the following buy link...


Multi-store buy link: www.harperimpulseromance.com/books/by-my-side

  

Thank you, Wendy, for an absolutely fabulous fantasy cast! I'm now off to bag myself some of that free champagne... and see if the rather lovely Matt Lanter needs a top-up... 
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment