Wednesday, 7 May 2014

Meet the Author - Dani-Lyn Alexander


This week I'm really pleased to have the fabulous Dani-Lyn Alexander stop by my blog to chat about - amongst other things - her first HarperImpulse release Anonymous. Want to find out more? I'll let Dani-Lyn take it from here...



Bio:

Dani-Lyn Alexander lives on Long Island with her husband, three kids and three dogs. She loves spending time with her family, at the beach, the playground, or just about anywhere. In her spare time, which is rare, she enjoys reading and shopping—especially in book stores. Some of her favorite things include; Bernese Mountain Dogs, musicals, bubble baths and soft blankets. She’s an incurable insomniac and has an addiction to chocolate.



*



Was it always your intention to find an agent/publisher, or did you ever think about, or indeed go down, the self-publishing route? 

I honestly had no idea what was involved in having a book published. I thought I would write my book, send it off to a publisher and they would publish it. LOL, did I have a lot to learn!




Do you listen to music while you write, or are you someone who needs complete silence to work? 

I was a dance teacher and choreographer for more than twenty years, so when I hear music I tend to choreograph and can’t turn my mind off. So I usually write better in silence, as much as a house with a three-year-old can have, anyway.



Paperback or ebooks – do you have a preference? 

I still prefer paperback, but I did finally cave in and let my husband get me a Kindle last year. He wanted to buy me one so bad when they were first coming out, and I didn’t want one, so he was happy when I finally gave in. But I still love my paperbacks.



Do you plan your stories before you start writing them, or do you just “wing” it? 

I always plan out my stories. Then, when I begin to write, my characters kind of go their own way. Unfortunately, it’s not usually the way I had planned.



Can you tell us anything about any future projects you’re working on? 

I am currently writing book two of a young adult fantasy series I have contracted, a romance novella involving a mischievous three-year-old, and book two in a cozy mystery series. I never seem to work on one thing at a time.



Social media – friend or foe? 

A little of both, I’d say. I do love chatting with people and keeping up with everyone’s accomplishments, but I’m also very shy, which makes it difficult for me to come up with things to say. Especially blogging—yikes—not for me, though I do my best.




You’ve just won a few million on the lottery, what’s the first thing you do? 

Pack up my family and take a month long trip to Disney World!



Favourite sitcom, past or present. 

I Love Lucy was probably my favourite sitcom. I can still laugh at them even though I’ve seen almost all of them.



What makes you laugh? 

Listening to my three-year-old son chat. He speaks like an adult!


*



Anonymous by Dani-Lyn Alexander


Blurb:


What happens when an online date is not what it seems?


After Ali's heart is broken, she decides to try Anonymous, a new dating website where you can retain complete anonymity while you search for your soul mate. When she discovers Joe, she thinks she may have at least found a new friend and decides to put her past behind her and move on.


Several death threats and an attempt on her life force her back into contact with her soon-to-be ex, Mark, who is the lead detective on the case. The tension builds between them while Ali struggles to get over Mark, and Mark races to find the maniac who's trying to kill her.


When Ali meets up with her online flame, she finds he's anything but the friend she imagined…




Buy Link:



 

Social Media:




 


Thank you so much for a fabulous Meet the Author, Dani-Lyn! Was great to have you stop by my blog, and I wish you loads of success with Anonymous, and, of course, with all your future projects! 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me, Michelle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pleasure, Dani-Lyn. :-) Thank you so much for a fantastic interview!

      Delete