Wednesday, 2 April 2014

Meet the Author - Lynn Montagano



I'm really excited to have the lovely Lynn Montagano stopping by my blog today! Her latest book, Catch My Breath, is due for release on April 17th through HarperImpulse, but you can find out more about Lynn, and her writing, by checking out her fabulous Meet the Author interview! 

I'll let the lady herself take it from here...



Bio

A fresh, new voice in contemporary romance, Lynn is a former TV news writer who decided to take the plunge and write a novel. She's thrilled that her debut, Catch My Breath, will be published by Harper Impulse in April 2014.

Lynn grew up in a small town in Rhode Island before venturing out into the world. An avid traveler, she's been as far away as Australia and as close as Canada. Her favorite place to visit is London.
For now, the small town New Englander hangs her hat in Northern California. If you can see her through the fog, wave hello.

 *

Was it always your intention to find an agent/publisher, or did you ever think about, or indeed go down, the self-publishing route? 

Not at all! A few years ago I challenged myself to write a book just to see if I could. It ended up turning into a trilogy. I’ve always written as a part of my career in TV news. You may be surprised to hear this but writing copy for live broadcast is a lot like getting inside of a character’s head. At least for me it was. When I wrote the scripts I did it in the voice and style of how the news anchor spoke. Believe it or not, it totally helped!

What was the inspiration for your current book?

I love to travel and make it no secret that my favorite place to visit is London. A friend and I went to Glasgow in 2006 and I absolutely loved it there too. The idea for the book started there and blossomed.

 
Do you listen to music while you write, or are you someone who needs complete silence to work?

I keep the TV on for background noise most of the time. I also write in complete silence if the mood strikes me. Songs have definitely influenced my story but if I listen to music while writing I get too lost in the song and neglect the characters!

 
Do you put any of yourself into any of your characters?

Absolutely! I think it happened without my realizing it. There’s a piece of me in each of my main characters, especially the hero and the heroine. People who know me well will be able to pick up on certain things, which makes me laugh because then they think the story is about me. Obviously it’s NOT. =)


Is there a particular time of the day in which you prefer to write?

I’m a night owl so I do my best writing at night. The characters tend to run away with the story late at night but it makes for some interesting things I wouldn’t have considered if I wrote in the middle of the day.


Paperback or ebooks – do you have a preference?

Call me old fashioned but there’s nothing better than holding a paperback book in your hands and turning the page.


Do you plan your stories before you start writing them, or do you just “wing” it?

I did outline the first the book in my series but once I started writing I completely abandoned it. For me, I have to feel what the characters are feeling and let things develop naturally for them. If it doesn’t feel organic to me, it’s not going to work in the story.

 
What makes you laugh? 

Pretty much anything random or silly. I like to think I have a great sense of humor and will laugh at myself at the drop of hat. Quick-witted people are my favorite. There’s nothing better than snappy banter with someone else. 



 *



Lia Meyers' plan for a relaxing Scottish vacation is short-lived when one uncharacteristic moment of clumsiness lands her in the arms of a dangerously attractive Englishman…



Catch my Breath is available to pre-order now - download your copy HERE! 

And it will also be released in paperback on 26th June. Again, you can pre-order your copy HERE! 

  
*

Lynn, thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I'm really looking forward to reading Catch my Breath, and I wish you so much success with its imminent release!  



1 comment:

  1. Best of luck with your latest release, Lynn.

    ReplyDelete