Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Meet the Author - Jane Linfoot



It's Wednesday, which means it's time to meet another fabulous author! And this week it's the turn of Jane Linfoot to tell us a little bit about herself, and her latest book, The Right Side of Mr. Wrong... 





Author Bio.


I’m Jane Linfoot, and I write fun, flirty fiction, with feisty heroines and a bit of an edge.

I live in a mountain kingdom in Derbyshire, England, where my family and pets are kind enough to ignore the domestic chaos – happily, we’re in walking distance of a supermarket. For me, writing romance is cool because I get to wear pretty shoes instead of wellies. I love hearts, flowers, happy endings, all things vintage, most things french. When I’m not on facebook, and can’t find an excuse for shopping, I’ll be walking, or gardening. On days when I want to be really scared, I ride a tandem.



*


Was it always your intention to find an agent/publisher, or did you ever think about, or indeed go down, the self-publishing route?

I’d rather spend time writing rather than sorting out all the details of self publishing so I had to find a publisher, but I really admire people who self publish. 



Do you listen to music while you write, or are you someone who needs complete silence to work?

It depends what I’m doing – if I’m REALLY concentrating I like quiet, but blasting out a track or two is great for getting in the zone. And listening to music really helps when I’m editing.


Do you have a designated “work space”, and if so, can you describe it?

I’ve always worked in the room between the kitchen and the rest of the house – calling it a dining room makes it sound way more up-market than it is. That way I’m right at the centre of family life, and on hand to sort everyone out as they need me. Noise isn’t a problem, because when I concentrate I become totally oblivious, as my family will be able to tell you.



Is there a particular time of the day in which you prefer to write?

My favourite time is very late at night, when the writing’s going so well I can’t bear to stop. It doesn’t happen that often though!


Paperback or ebooks – do you have a preference?

I love to curl up with a paperback – my new ipad doesn’t feel quite so comfy, but I may yet be converted!


Do you plan your stories before you start writing them, or do you just “wing” it?

I’m definitely a planner not a pantster! I like to have the characters and the plot and the conflicts nailed before I begin.


What advice would you give to anyone just starting out on their writing journey?

Never give up! And think in the terms of years not weeks, as nothing in the publishing world happens as fast as you’d like it to!


Can you tell us anything about any future projects you’re working on?

I don’t tend to write series, but my characters do have a habit of spilling from one novel into another. Right now I’m writing Bryony’s story, which hasn’t got it’s final title yet. Bryony plays a significant part in The Right Side Of Mr Wrong, and she’s a really strong character, so I knew she’d be guaranteed a whole stack of trouble on the way to her happy-ever-after. It’s all about that last bit of growing up you need to do before you settle down, and it features a camper van and a tandem, and a smoking hot hero called Jackson. But this will be a much bigger read, as it’s almost twice as long! And we get to see Shea and Brando from The right Side Of Mr Wrong  again in this too.


Social media – friend or foe?

Love it – too much!


Would you ever go on a reality TV show? And if so, which one?

I was talking to the production guy from a new programme about house swaps, because I live in a cottage which is quite old. I thought going on the programme would be a great way to get into the public eye, whilst being a fab opportunity for a weekend away, and best of all, it would make me give the house a good clean! But my OPH (own personal hero) didn’t fancy it.


Five words that describe you.

creative, thoughtful, driven, happy, dreamy


What makes you laugh?

Laughing is one of my fave things. I was always the one who giggled at school, and my sister and I still laugh uncontrollably when we get together. Absurd things that happen to people make me laugh, and I laugh a lot at comedy shows like Peep Show, and The Big Bang Theory.



*



The Right Side Of Mr Wrong



Published by HarperImpulse

Blurb:


One-off, moving on sex wasn’t meant to be this hot…

When determined singleton Shea Summers is persuaded to become the “wife” of the Lord of Edgerton Manor, the last thing she wants to do is play house with a stranger.



Brooding playboy Brando Marshall, is far from happy when Shea turns up at his sprawling estate with production crew in tow. Surely she’s just another woman after his wallet? And if she’s looking for Mr Right, she’s definitely hitting on the wrong guy. Then again, after catching an unscheduled glimpse of her knickers, perhaps Brando needs to teach this “gold-digger” a lesson!



She’s seizing the moment, he’s breaking the rules, and when bad boys can be so much fun, who can resist getting on the right side of Mr. Wrong...



Author Page Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/JaneLinfoot2

Twitter: https://twitter.com/janelinfoot  @janelinfoot



BUY LINKS





*


Thanks for another brilliant Meet the Author, Jane! And I can't believe I've found another Big Bang Theory fan!



Wishing you loads of success with The Right Side of Mr. Wrong, and, of course, with all your future projects!  

3 comments:

  1. Thanks SO MUCH for featuring me on your fab blog Michelle! It's really great to be here :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely having you stop by, Jane. :) Thank you so much for a brilliant Meet the Author interview, and it's so good to meet yet another Big Bang Theory fan... I'm slightly obsessed with that show... xx

      Delete
  2. Great blog, Jane. As I type this I'm on holiday in Sherwood Forest (Edwinstowe). Is that anywhere near you, Jane? We were in the beautiful (Mr Darcy) Derbyshire yesterday. Xx

    ReplyDelete