Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Striker Trilogy Book #3 update, and a little bit of proof that soccer can be sexy...

Oh yes! Soccer can be very sexy, believe me. Want some proof? Have you met Lance Parker? No, neither had I until this morning, but research is such a wonderful thing sometimes... He's an American soccer player, currently playing for FC Edmonton in the North American Soccer League, but if he ever fancies a transfer to AFC Sunderland here in the UK then I'm sure they'd be most accommodating. He's a goalkeeper, apparently, so I'm assuming he's very good with his hands... Anyway, moving on...

Lance Parker... he can "save" me anytime...
As you may or may not know, I'm currently in the process of writing the third book in my sexy soccer trilogy. And a few of you may actually want to know how that's coming along. So, here's a quick update - as it stands, I'm almost 60,000 words in, and I'd probably be a little further ahead than that if I didn't continue to edit as I go, but that's a habit I'm still learning to break. It's coming along really nicely, though, and I'm so, so happy with the way it's going. I'll admit that I am having some sleepless nights thinking about how I'm going to end it, because I want to do these characters justice, and I want an ending that will keep both the readers, and myself, happy. But I'll get there. As usual, when I'm writing, somehow the characters always seem to know where they're going, even if we do have a few false starts and a couple of minor delays along the way!
The 'Final Score' is about to be settled...
But, if you're one of the people waiting to see just what this final book in the Striker Trilogy has in store for sexy sports reporter Amber Sullivan, bad boy soccer player Ryan Fisher, and the ridiculously hot and handsome soccer club manager Jim Allen, I'm really hoping it won't be too long before you'll find out. I'm working really hard at the minute, I promise you. I'm aiming to have the first draft of this book finished by the end of March, if not sooner. And I have every faith that that self-imposed deadline will be reached.


Things are happening as far as these books are concerned, and news may be forthcoming, just watch this space...
The Beautiful Game just gets sexier...


So, is this final book in the series as hot as the first two installments? Yeah... just a bit... look out for Chapter 13, that's all I'm saying. It's hot, it's sexy, and it's full of yet more twists and turns for Amber, Jim and Ryan as the story continues, and the game plays out to its inevitable conclusion. But just what will the "final score" be..? 


No comments:

Post a Comment