Friday, 3 January 2014

My Top Ten TV Characters of 2013...

I know it's the 3rd of January now, and all the "Happy New Years" and what have you have all been said, but, seeing as I've been involved in a three-day-long Grey's Anatomy binge-watching marathon (and I'm still only three-quarters of the way through Season 7), I've not been anywhere near the laptop since Christmas Eve, never mind written a blog post.

So, to mark my first blog post of 2014, let's start as we mean to go on - with a post featuring lots of hot men! Oh yes, nothing changes round here... And I've decided to disguise this excuse to spend a few minutes digging out pictures of some of my favourite male TV stars by calling this post my Top Ten TV characters of 2013! 

Okay, so, in no particular order, here we go... who's first, then...?

1)  Boyd Crowder - Justified (Walton Goggins)


I am so in love with this character! Without Boyd Crowder, Justified wouldn't be what it is, and the fabulous Walton Goggins has got  him just right - a bad boy who has a wonderful way with words, and a voice I could listen to all day. Can't wait for Season 5 of Justified to begin...

2) Ray Donovan (Liev Schreiber)

Only started watching Ray Donovan a couple of weeks ago, but I was hooked after episode one. Love the character, and there's something strangely appealing about the way Liev Schreiber plays him. Couldn't take to his wife in the show, though... Still, I'm looking forward to another series.

3) John Moray - The Paradise (Emun Elliot)


I don't do costume dramas as a rule, but, despite seemingly being the only person on the planet who doesn't watch or even like Downtown Abby, I adore The Paradise. And not just because of Emun Elliot's character. But his portrayal of John Moray is a rather attractive bonus. If the BBC don't give this show a third series I might not be responsible for my actions...

4) Deacon Claybourne - Nashville (Charles Esten)

Give me a man with a guitar singing country music and I'm in heaven - so thank you Deacon Claybourne. You fit the bill perfectly! Waiting patiently for More4 here in the UK to start showing season 2 of Nashville...

5) John Ross Ewing - Dallas (Josh Henderson)

And then give me a man in a stetson and I'm even happier! I've loved Dallas since the early days, and the new Dallas hasn't disappointed me in the slightest. Once again, I'm patiently waiting for the new season to start, and looking forward to more of John Ross. I do love a bad boy...

6) Mr. Selfridge - (Jeremy Piven)

And, from the woman who doesn't do costume dramas, we have another character from a costume drama! I loved Jeremy Piven's portrayal of Harry Selfridge, he just brought the show to life, and again I sit here waiting for the new season, but it's coming soon - apparently. Can you get a move on, please, ITV? 

7) Owen Hunt, Derek Shepherd, Mark Sloan, Alex Karev, Jackson Avery - Grey's Anatomy (Kevin McKidd, Patrick Dempsey, Eric Dane, Justin Chambers, Jesse Williams)

Dr's Sloan, Shepherd and Hunt
Cheating slightly here, I know, but I love them all and if I'd put them all down singly it'd use up most of my list!


Karev and Avery
Seattle's Mercy Grace hospital has one serious overload of hot doctors, in fact, binge-watching Grey's Anatomy could actually be bad for your health... ;) 

 
8) John Reese - Person of Interest (Jim Caviezel)


Not only is this guy extremely easy on the eye, but he also has a voice that is just gorgeous to listen to. And the character of John Reese is so kick-ass good-guy it beggars belief. Brilliant stuff, and I'm looking forward to getting started on Season 3 of Person of Interest as soon as I finish everything else I'm currently binge-watching...

9) Walter White and Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad (Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul)

Seriously, do not get me started on how utterly amazing Breaking Bad was. I think most people know I'm just a tad obsessed with this show, and that obsession isn't fading. And what made it so incredible to watch, was the brilliant performances from Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul as Walter White and Jesse Pinkman. Breathtaking, mind-blowing, and truly unforgettable - those words don't even do those characters justice, but that's exactly how Cranston and Paul made them seem. If I had to rate this list in order of brilliance, these guys would come first. Always. If you haven't yet seen Breaking Bad, you are seriously missing out. Seriously. You can keep Downton Abby and Sherlock, give me Walter and Jesse anytime. I still miss these guys and their twisted world so much...

10) Raylan Givens - Justified (Timothy Olyphant)

Yep. This list is definitely in no particular order because, if it was, do you honestly think Raylan Givens would be tenth? I mean, come on, even the name gives me goosebumps! Only discovered Justified a few months back as I looked for something to get me over the post-Breaking Bad blues, and Raylan certainly made sure they were pushed aside slightly. Timothy Olyphant plays this old-school US Marshal with attitude perfectly, and watching him is a joy, and not just because he looks hot in a stetson. Which he does, of course... The character of Raylan is addictive, although, there were times, especially in Season 4, when Boyd kind of took over as my favourite - just for a little while. But I'm so happy I discovered Raylan Givens, and a show that I've fallen in love with. Season 5 can't get here fast enough. And if there isn't a Season 6 I think I might cry...

 
So, there you have it. My Top Ten Favourite TV Characters of 2013. Do you agree/disagree? Do you have your own favourites? 

All I can say is, some of these characters I'm still missing so bad it hurts (I will never get over the end of Breaking Bad... never... that show has ruined me...), and some of them I can't wait to meet again. And I might even discover some new favourites during 2014, you never know... 

Now, seeing as I've re-opened all those post-Breaking Bad wounds, I'm off to YouTube to see what I can find to ease the pain... and while I'm at it I might as well start getting ready for Season 5 of Justified... some clips of Timothy Olyphant being all bad-ass in a stetson, please... 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment