Friday, 24 January 2014

Fantasy Cast Friday - Here's how it works...

Your book is being made into a movie! (Come on... which author hasn't dreamt about this happening? I do it all the time...) And they want you to choose the cast! Yes, you have been given carte blanche to pick the actors you'd like to see bring those characters you so lovingly created to life! Absolutely anyone you like! Anyone! Who in the world do you pick?

Well, that's what Fantasy Cast Friday is all about - it lets you, the author, have a bit of fun and let everyone know who you would pick to play those lead characters you created, in that book you wrote. 

I've already got a few authors lined up to take part in this fun Friday feature, but, just to kick things off and show you what it's all about, I've done my own Fantasy Cast List for my first book released through my publishers, HarperImpulse - The First Christmas Without You...


Jessie Collins has always wanted to visit Lapland.  But this Christmas, more than any other, it’s also a place she feels she really needs to be as she tries to come to terms with a painful event in the past, and a future she really needs to start living.
 
Can a strange young man called Mikku, lights in the sky, and a magical little town in the Arctic Circle really help her find the strength she needs to move on?

The First Christmas Without You – a magical Lapland fairytale…

 
So, who would I choose to play the main characters if this book was made into a movie? Read on to find out...


Jessie

Jessie is a woman in her early 40s, a young widow who's trying hard to come to terms with the loss of her soul mate - her husband. And someone who I think would be perfect for that role is Rachel Weisz. She's about the right age, and I think she could play Jessie beautifully. She might have to try speaking with a bit more of a northern English accent, but I'm sure we could sort that out... 


Mikku 

Jessie meets Mikku - a young Sami man - on her first full day in Lapland. A mysterious man that Jessie feels drawn to almost immediately, he becomes a friend, her guardian angel if you like; someone who helps her through the journey she has to take and the decisions she has to make in order to start living again. And who would I choose to play him? Step forward Alexander Skarsgard! He's Scandinavian (Swedish), looks good, and he was the first name that sprung to mind when I thought about Mikku. I think he'd be perfect...


Zac

Zac is a Scottish ski-instructor living and working in the resort Jessie is visiting. Tall, dark, and handsome (of course!), is he going to be the man to help Jessie put her life back together? And just who would be perfect for the role of this sexy ski-instructor? Hugh Jackman, that's who!

Can he do a convincing Edinburgh accent, though? Who cares. That's something we could work on...




So, there we have it. Those are my choices for Fantasy Cast Friday. Do you get the idea? 

Fancy taking part yourself? Just let me know, and I'll make sure you get your chance to choose your own Fantasy Cast List...

Now, it's back to the writing, and back to the dreaming... ;)



You can download your own copy of The First Christmas Without You HERE from Amazon, but you can also find out details of where else it's available, and check out all the other fabulous books HarperImpulse have to offer by checking out the books page on their website - you can find it HERE! What are you waiting for?

    

4 comments:

  1. Fab. I already have mine set and can't wait to share them with you. Great idea, Michelle. Loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually I can't stand Hugh Jackman ( I know I'm weird!) but that pic is GORGEOUS!! Having read your book I can definitely see these actors playing the characters!!

    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cast! Definitely go to see that film!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, ladies. :) I have to say, I'm quite pleased with my fantasy "cast". Now I can't wait to see how other people "cast" their own books. :) x

    ReplyDelete