Friday, 6 December 2013

Meet the Author - Teresa F. Morgan


It's been a while since I've had a Meet the Author post here on my blog, but today I'm delighted to be bringing this feature back, and kicking it all off by introducing one of my fellow Harper Impulse authors, Teresa F. Morgan. 

So, come and find out more about her, and her book Plus One is a Lucky Number...



When did you first realise that you wanted to be a writer? 

I’m not someone who’s known they’ve wanted to be a writer since the age of five, I discovered writing in 2006. In 2009, I decided I wanted to pursue it professionally. (Before that I was just dabbling in fan fiction).

What made you want to write romance?

I’ve always wrote romance, even in fan fiction. I think it’s because I like writing the conflict between two people fancying the pants off one another and not knowing how to deal with it. Plus, I don’t think I’m clever enough to write crime novels. Lol!  


Do you listen to music while you write, or are you someone who needs complete silence to work?
  
I usually need complete silence. Music inspires my stories, but while writing, I need to concentrate and so no distractions, even from music. 

Do you have a designated “work space”, and if so, can you describe it?

In my old house I had the ‘Study’. Now I’ve moved into a much smaller house, I’ve actually bought a bookshelf unit with a desk from Ikea. It does take up the corner of my small lounge, but I knew I needed an area dedicated to my writing. The idea is that when the boys grow up and move out, I’ll take over the small bedroom (my six-year old’s room). It might happen sooner if they can’t keep their rooms tidy – I keep threatening that they’ll have to share a bedroom ha ha! 

Do you get nervous reading reviews of your books?

Oh, gosh, yes! Obviously, the ones that say they loved my book make me smile and give me that warm fuzzy feeling. For the ones that are not so positive, I realise I will not please them all and the world is built by different people with different tastes, so my book will not be to everyone’s liking.
    
Paperback or ebooks – do you have a preference?

Both! I have to say that as my debut novel is in ebook. But I do love my kindle, and then I do love reading from real books too and having them line my bookshelf. 

Do you plan your stories before you start writing them, or do you just “wing” it?

Hey, the good thing about romance is that I know I’ve got to produce a happy ending. I am a bit of both. I usually have in mind how I want my story to end. Sometimes, I  have a blank page and I’ve got to fill it and the characters go off and do their thing – and sometimes I’m amazed by my genius of it all ha ha! Then, sometimes I know a certain scene needs to be written to make A get to B. But yes, I’m probably wing it more than I plan it. Is that good or bad? 


How did it feel the first time you saw your name on the cover of that book you’d written?

I think I’m still pinching myself even now! It was EPIC! Or as my nine year old would say, “Awesome!”   

What advice would you give to anyone just starting out on their writing journey?

Just write it! It doesn’t matter how good or bad it is, you can not edit a blank page.

Social media – friend or foe?

I love social media because I’m a sociable type of person. I love with Facebook I’ve found friends from years ago, and am now able to stay in touch. Twitter has allowed me to chat to people I never thought I’d be able to. I had a real fangirl moment when Liz Fielding (one of my favourite Mills and Boon authors) replied to me for the first time. Now we’re RNA Chapter buddies!
But I do find it is a time drainer and makes you very easily procrastinate, because before you know it an hours gone and you’ve not done any of the
jobs you were supposed to have done, i.e. writing... 


Plus One is a Lucky Number - The Blurb

Sophie’s going to a wedding where the invite is strictly plus one… but with her single girl status not exactly fitting in with the bridesmaid dress code, and the best man being none other than the ex she would rather forget, Sophie needs a date and she needs one fast! 

Luckily for Sophie, her dreamy but distant co-worker Adam Reid owes their mutual friend James big time…and his gorgeousness more than fills the role of the ‘Perfect Boyfriend’!
 

As they take off to the sunny shores of Cornwall for the wedding weekend, it’s not long before pretence leads to passion and Sophie and Adam must decide; is their relationship real or is it all for show?

Author Bio:

I live in sunny Weston-super-Mare, trying to hold onto my Surrey accent where I was born and bred.

For years I persevered with boring jobs, until my two boys joined my nest. In an attempt to find something to work around them, and to ensure I never endured full time boredom again, I found writing.
I am at my happiest baking cakes, putting proper home cooked dinners on the table (whether the kids eat them or not), reading a good romance, or creating a touch of escapism with heroes readers will fall in love with.
                   
                                         *
 
Contact Links for Teresa - Blog / Website / Twitter / Facebook


And for more information on Plus One is a Lucky Number, plus purchase links, check out the following sites -  

Amazon UK
Harper Impulse
Add on Goodreads




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, Teresa. :) It was lovely having you here on my blog today. :)

      Delete
  2. What a fun interview, Teresa & Michelle! Really enjoyed reading your Q&A about your writing adventure! Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete