Sunday, 6 October 2013

It's that time of year again - X Factor's back...

Can't believe I decided to have a Breaking Bad-free night last night to watch X Factor! Why??? But I did, my fault, and I'm still fuming now at Louis Walsh's ridiculous decisions. Absolutely fuming! That final choice he made between Nicholas McDonald and Paul Akister was just beyond belief! Right there and then he proved, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that this is a show that doesn't actually care whether you've got a great voice or not, as long as you look the part. He sent home the only guy who made me sit up and take notice; the only guy who could actually SING! And he sent him home!!! I can't bear Louis Walsh anyway. He's pointless in my eyes. But now he's just gone even lower down in my estimations. Idiot! Paul's voice was incredible! Easily, by an absolute mile, the best voice in that category, but no, for his three boys Louis is quite obviously going down the "they can't really sing a bloody note between them but, hey, they look like pop stars!" route. Good one, Louis. Cheapen the whole show before it even gets going. 

As for Sharon Osbourne's choices for the live shows - I'm kind of okay with them, although I would have liked to have seen Joseph go through. They just seem terrified to put anyone with a vaguely "rocky" tone to their voices onto the live shows. Some of these guys really need to try The Voice... 

Oh, and one other thing - can we PLEASE stop using kids/family/breaking down in tears as some kind of emotional stunt? It's really beginning to bore me. It's so contrived, and really unnecessary, and for me it just has the opposite effect. At 17-years-old your life is NOT going to end if you get rejected on the X Factor, your family will NOT feel let down, and your singing career will NOT be over. You just might have to work a hell of a lot harder for it, that's all. Depends on how much you actually want it, really, doesn't it? Just saying...

Oh well. Tonight we get Gary Barlow's decisions on the Groups, and Nicole Scherzinger's decisions for the Girls' category. Am I on the edge of my seat in anticipation? Not really, no. I am, on the other hand, determined that tonight will NOT be a Breaking Bad-free night. Season 5 will continue on in our house this evening, no matter what... 


No comments:

Post a Comment