Friday, 30 August 2013

Summer Driving Songs - My Favourite 5...

I was tagged earlier in the week by my lovely author friend Amanda Egan to reveal my Ultimate Summer Driving List - check out Amanda's choices HERE - and, even though I don't (can't) drive, I didn't think that was going to be a problem. I'm a writer after all, aren't I? I can use my imagination. I can close my eyes and imagine myself behind the wheel of my dream car... actually, I'm not sure I've even got a dream car. I'm not really a car kind of person. I only used to watch Top Gear for Richard Hammond, before he got incredibly annoying... 

Anyway, back to the whole point of this post. OK, I don't drive, but I'm still going to share my favourite driving songs - maybe not all of them summer-related, though - as I take that imaginary journey in my imaginary car, with Bradley Cooper in the passenger seat, Haagen Dazs in the cool box, the wind in our hair... oh, I love the way my imagination works...

Right, song number 1...

Foo Fighters - The Pretender


Dave Grohl - he'll do...
Don't even get me started on Dave Grohl... my ultimate Rock God, and this is one of the best Foo Fighter tracks ever, in my opinion. I can just imagine me and Bradley driving along the Pacific Coast Highway with this blaring out... perfect...



N-Joi - Anthem


Absolutely LOVE this song! I can just imagine the roof down on the car, sun shining, wind in our hair... (yes, Bradley is still with me...)And this is definitely a great summer song, in my opinion...


Eric Clapton - Forever Man


Always loved Mr. Clapton, but this is one of my absolute favourite songs of his. Just love it...


Joe Bonamassa - Dust Bowl



I can't have any kind of music list that doesn't feature at least one Joe Bonamassa track, because the guy is just a legend! Listen to that guitar... amazing... Another song that sounds great in the sunshine!


Air - All I Need 


I just adore this song! Absolutely adore it. It's one of those songs that instantly makes you chill out, sit back, close your eyes and relax. Probably not a good idea when you're driving, but I can just imagine this song playing as me and Bradley (humour me - we're almost done) get closer to our destination (Malibu), the sun setting, the air cool but still warm, the roads quiet... I can feel another idea for a book coming on...


Bradley & his Haagen Dazs... 'nuff said...
So, there you have it - 5 songs that, if I could drive, would definitely be 5 of my favourite driving songs. What are yours? And, sticking with the fantasy side of things here, who would be your perfect driving companion...? Hands off Bradley, though - he's mine! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment