Friday, 21 June 2013

Meet the Author - Amanda Egan launches 'Lottie's Luck'!

Today I am so happy to have the fabulous Amanda Egan on my blog, talking about her latest book 'Lottie's Luck'. Released this week, 'Lottie's Luck' is Amanda's sixth novel (so go and check out the rest!), but I'm going to let the lady herself tell you a bit more about it...

Take it away, Amanda! 

Can you tell us a little bit about 'Lottie's Luck'?

‘Lottie’s Luck’ tells the story of Lottie Truman who has sailed through life blessed by good fortune. But what happens when her dotty neighbour predicts that things might not continue to run quite so smoothly? Is it bad luck or is it simply fate pushing her in the right direction?

Where did the idea for the book come from? Was there anything in particular that inspired you to write this story?
This will sound mad - but, as you well know Michelle, ideas come from the strangest of places - I saw an ad for a Bingo website called ‘Lucky Pants’ and it got me thinking a whole new plot!

So - and this is a question I ask a lot of people about their books - if you were to cast the movie/TV series for 'Lottie's Luck', who would you cast as the main characters?
Well Lottie is a bit of a tomboy. She’s naturally good-looking but, as she walks dogs for a living, she can’t be bothered with heels and make up. So I’d have Keira Knightley.

Keira Knightley
Her mad neighbour Venetia would have to be Alison Steadman as she looked when she played Madame Arcati.

Alison Steadman

Her fiancĂ©, Nat, is Little Mr Perfect from his immaculate hair to his handmade shoes.  Presenting … Brad Pitt!

Do I really need to tell you who this is...?
Dan, the landscape gardener.  Oh yum!  It’s the Diet Coke man!

Diet Coke man...

Okay... Excuse me while I just open a window, it's suddenly got a bit hot in here... Anyway, onto the random questions now - it's summer (allegedly) so, do your reading habits change with the seasons? And what are you reading right now?

I think summer was last week here in Putney!  No, my reading habits don’t really change, although I do like a nice Christmas book from about November.  At the moment I’m reading a fellow Indie’s work, Anne Ullah’s ‘Trouble at Toff Towers’ which is written in diary format and is delivering quite a few giggles.

Do your writing habits change with the seasons? Do you find it harder to write when the weather's warmer, or do you get more work done once winter arrives?

If I’m mid-book and on a roll, I force myself to write no matter what the weather’s doing.  If it’s a glorious day, I take the laptop into the garden, squint at the screen (swear) and tan at the same time - gotta make the most of the sun when it’s here!

Do you have a favourite genre of book you prefer reading?
I really am a chicklit girl through and through.  I think it dates back to my Enid Blyton and Noel Streatfield days - cosy stories for girls about girls.  As a teen I devoured every Jilly Cooper novel - but not the bonkbusters!  I loved Imogen, Harriet, Octavia - all of those.  For me a book has to be easy to pick up but hard to put down and I do like a laugh and a cry.

Favourite authors - do you have any?

Well of course I’ve loved all of your books, Michelle (and I wasn't paid to say that!) but I also love Lisa Jewell, Sophie Kinsella, Maeve Binchy, Carole Matthews, Jane Fallon - all the standard chicklit writers.

And finally, seeing as your new book is titled 'Lottie's Luck', let's have a luck-related question - if you won a ridiculous amount of money on the Euromillions, what would you spend it on?

Oh boy!  Don’t get me started.  First I’d faint and then I’d pay off all my debts, treat my family and friends, shop til I dropped and laugh.  A lot!

*****

Amanda, thank you so much for a fabulous interview! I'll certainly be reading 'Lottie's Luck' (I'm quite keen to meet Dan...), and I wish you every success with this new book. 

Lottie's Luck is available to download HERE from Amazon! 

And in paperback HERE from Lulu!

Keep up to date with what Amanda's up to by checking out her BLOG.

And you can also follow her on TWITTER.



No comments:

Post a Comment