Friday, 26 April 2013

Normality has been resumed...

Yes, after weeks of experiencing something very close to what I've now dubbed "Writer's Drought" (writer's block didn't even come close) my mojo has returned from a break I'm quite sure I didn't give it permission to take, and 'Extra Time', the second book in the Striker Trilogy, is now back on a roll! Which I'm actually quite relieved about because I honestly thought I'd lost it for a while there. I wasn't enjoying the fact that I would rather be looking for handbags on boohoo.com than writing, but in hindsight I think it was just my subconscious telling me it was time to take a couple of steps back, think about everything, and let my brain tell me when it was time to get back to it. But I'm grateful that my brain didn't take too long to think about things because I was starting to panic for a bit there.


So, to cut a long story short, there was a blip, I got over it, and now 'Extra Time' is really moving along at quite a fast pace. In fact, I think it's fair to say it's all "kicking-off" in this follow-up to Striker. Although, I think we'll leave the football-related puns until nearer publication time...


Jim Caviezel... just for the hell of it, really...
The thing was, though, when my brain decided to go away and think about things, it didn't just come back with more ideas and ways in which to make 'Extra Time' just that little bit better, it also came back full of ideas for other books! So, to say my head is spinning right now would be an understatement, and not just because I've been ogling staring at a lot of Jim Caviezel photos lately - that's purely for research purposes, you understand. Purely for research... *cough*


Anyway, moving on... so, as far as ideas for future books are concerned, I've got plenty to be getting on with. And I mean, plenty! I've got the Striker Trilogy to finish, then I've got the next installment of the India/Kenny/Charley etc. (No Matter What/Illusions of Love) story to write (although that's actually already been started - I can multi-task...) and then, after that, I think I'll be embarking on another rock-star romance. Not literally - although I wouldn't mind a bit of "research" involving Dave Grohl but we won't go there right now - but I do have an idea for a series of books involving hot rock stars, beautiful women, and lots of... well, you'll just have to wait and see. ;) I guess I'm remembering how much I loved writing See You At The Show, and maybe now it's time to think about returning to the world of rock music, get some new characters out there... I'm also thinking of getting another tattoo... I'll keep you posted.... ;)

Will I be writing another rock-star romance? Hell, yes!!
So there we have it. A little bit of a catch-up as far as my writing's concerned. As for what's been going on away from the desk, well, here's a brief summary - I've had a lovely couple of days in Durham meeting up with a good friend, my new £10 glasses arrived from selectspecs.com making me realise that the days of spending a ridiculous amount of money on glasses are now over, I guessed the killer on Broadchurch (brilliant, brilliant TV!), and the back lawn is in desperate need of mowing. Yep, it's pretty much business-as-usual around here now. And for that I'm eternally grateful...






No comments:

Post a Comment