Friday, 15 March 2013

'Person of Interest' - Mr. Reese. Why do I love this show so much?

John Reese - 'The Man in the Suit'
I'll tell you why. Jim Caviezel. There. End of blog post! Seriously, though, Mr. Caviezel is a major factor in making sure I never miss an episode of this brilliantly new and different TV drama from CBS. That, and the fact that if you do miss an episode then you're probably likely to tune in the next week and wonder what the hell is going on, but I'm not here to talk about the clever concept of the show, or the frailties of "The Machine", or the fantastic on-screen relationship that is Finch (Michael Emerson) and Reese. Oh no. I'm dabbling very much in the shallow end of things today. I'm here to celebrate all that is wonderful and sexy and... yes, I'm here to talk about the character played by Jim Caviezel - John Reese, otherwise known as "The Man in the Suit".  Because I've suddenly begun to notice just how popular a character John Reese is turning out to be. And it's not just because he's a different kind of kick-ass good guy. He's an incredibly sexy, different kind of kick-ass good guy! 

A younger Jim Caviezel in 'The Thin Red Line'
I used to think I was the only one who'd noticed that deep, almost soulful way of speaking that Jim Caviezel has given to his character of Reese. The way he can make an ordinary sentence sound like the sexiest thing in the world, and he can do that, no word of a lie. I'm giving this actor immense kudos for that, too, because I don't remember him being able to do it when I watched him in The Prisoner a few years back. Or in the movie The Thin Red Line, but oh, how amazing did Jim Caviezel look in that? He was one sexy guy back then, too! 

Mr. Reese, how kick-ass do you look in those shades?
The character of John Reese is a bit of an enigma, I suppose. Which is why I think he's proving to be a hit with the women. We know snippets about his past life, and we know that he does have a human side - he doesn't smile often, but boy, when he does it has the ability to make any red-blooded woman's heart skip a zillion beats! - but I think the fact he still has this aura of mystery surrounding him, that's what makes him all the more attractive. Well, that and the fact that he's incredibly handsome, totally gorgeous, and a man I've heard a lot of women now call their new "TV husband".  

More Jim Caviezel? Oh, go on then...
Now, I'm not saying that, on first viewing, all of this jumped out at me straightaway. Far from it. It took me a few episodes to really appreciate the qualities that Jim Caviezel brings to the character of Reese. Maybe I was just too intent on concentrating on the storylines at first to fully take in just how brilliant a character Reese was turning out to be, but I certainly appreciate it now!

Finch and Reese - the perfect partnership.
Whoever created the character of Reese deserves a huge pat on the back, and whoever decided to cast Jim Caviezel in the role deserves a medal, because it truly was inspired casting, in my opinion. I'm not sure anyone else could have done it better, I certainly can't think of anyone, anyway. Or maybe I'm just one of the many biased ones now, because we're so used to seeing Caviezel in that role.

Oh, and if you want to check out just how sexy John Reese can be, take a look at this fun YouTube tribute to the character... I love this! Especially the bit at the end... so funny!



All I know is that he makes this show; being able to tune in every week and see the enigmatic Reese in action is something I look forward to, like you wouldn't believe. And yes, I've lost track of a plot on more than one occasion because I've been perving focusing my attention elsewhere. Can you blame me? He may be going slightly grey now, and he may be a little bit "bigger" than he was in his younger days, but somehow Jim Caviezel just keeps getting sexier! I certainly wouldn't kick him our of bed for eating crisps, that's for sure! And he's made the character of John Reese all his own.

Do you think I might be getting just a tiny bit gratuitous now...?
From the way he walks, to the way he talks, to the way he can wear a suit like nobody else can - it's all part of what is making John Reese a TV character to remember. And, as far as I'm concerned, Mr. Reese will continue to be my very own 'Person of Interest' for quite a while to come yet...

You can catch the rather gorgeous Jim Caviezel in 'Person of Interest' on Channel 5 at 9pm on Sunday evenings, if you're in the UK. If you're in the US, then you're the lucky ones! Series 2 is already going strong on Thursday evenings over there... 


Oh, and just one more thing before I pop off  - the character of John Reese was used as a huge inspiration for my fictional football (soccer) manager Jim Allen in my latest novel Striker - a sexy contemporary romance set within the world of professional football (soccer). And that particular character gets quite a few of the more steamy scenes, too, believe me... Can't think where I got the inspiration to write those from... can you? ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment