Friday, 1 February 2013

Meet the Author - Miriam Wakerly

I really am enjoying these Meet the Author posts because I am discovering some incredible writers, and some amazing books, that I may not otherwise have come across. And today is no exception. 

Yes, it's time for me to introduce to you another fabulous author, and another fellow Famous Five Plus member - step forward Miriam Wakerly! Want to find out more about Miriam, and her books? It's time for the lady herself to take over... 


Surprise?

Hello everyone! Many thanks to Michelle for inviting me to appear on her blog; it’s good to be here.

Michelle writes romantic fiction and since I am her guest I thought it might be fitting to share with you some romantic moments in my own books. Can I do this without giving spoilers? I hope so.


Readers are often surprised by what they find inside my novels! Their themes may not suggest love and romance, but trust me, it is there! The windows are probably not going to get steamed up, but the all-important emotion, passion, conflict, jealousy, deceit, obsession, rejection and other multifarious aspects of that old thing called love figure in all of three of them.


You want proof? Yes, I hear you cry! Here are a few teasers from Shades of Appley Green:


‘She had this way of crinkling her eyes, and leaning forward, squashing her breasts so they plumped up in the cleavage. He felt stirrings. Not many girls would be so ready.’ (thus speaks the villain)

‘I wanted his lips on mine – oh my God,yes! I wanted his hands to be all over me, to touch to stroke … I imagined him giving me a massage. I would rip his clothes off. I can picture him naked coming towards me. Oh, this is bad, really … At night, I would …’ (from Steph’smost confidential Diary)

‘She tentatively put her fingers around the back of his neck. His skin felt cool, still fresh from the freezing outdoors, but quickly warmed under her touch. The heat of desire flooded through her; the first time since …’ (AT LAST!)

Not what you might expect from the cover? Well, you know the old saying.


Steph is a special, but troubled young woman. Chosen by the most venerated man in Appley Green to fulfil his mission, she feels publicly admired rather than privately loved. She certainly does not trust men!

In helping a once famous, elderly architect with Parkinson’s regain a social life, she finds herself taking personal risks, fending off objections, blind to danger. We wait for the moment when it dawns on Steph what is driving her deep-seated obsession; for only then can she find the happiness she deserves.

Appley Green is a charming English village. Everyone says so. But people are still people. With the emotional turmoil that comes with love, birth and death, a close-knit community can harbour betrayal and guilt, as well as joy and laughter.



2013 - and how wonderful it is to find such an array of authors who offer a rich, stimulating pick of books. I do love bookshops, but with the Internet there is something for everyone, making readers more discerning perhaps, not resorting to the lazy option of scanning the bestsellers’ lists and trusting that these books must, inevitably, be the best choice for them. (I have, at last, given in to my nagging curiosity and read the record-breaking Fifty Shades of Grey and … well, enough said.)


"Wakerly’s writing style is, as always, tantalising: the kind of gripping you only normally experience with crime novels. If you only read one book this year, make sure this is it." 
Online review:  Bohemiacademia, Scarlett de Courcier


Shades of Appley Green gives you faith in human kindness! Another deeply engaging read by Miriam Wakerly.
Review, Lou Graham's Blog

Lovely, heart-warming story … draws you in and keeps you there … The twist at the end, I didn’t see coming at all … for me, was very emotional and did bring a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes. 
Review Sue Fortin,Love Reading Love Books


All my books are available in Paperback and on Kindle:

Gypsies Stop tHere, No Gypsies Served and Shades of Appley Green 






'Shades of Appley Green' is available for a few days at the special low price of $3.00 or £1.89 on Kindle.’










Here’s my blog: www.miriamwakerly.blogspot.co.uk Join me there too!




Review on Famous Five Plus: http://www.famousfiveplus.com/2012/06/jonty-babe-reviews-shades-of-appley.html


***


Miriam, thank you so much for a really fabulous post! I shall definitely be putting 'Shades of Appley Green' on my TBR list, and I hope others do too. 

It's been an absolute pleasure to have you guest here on my blog today, and I wish you lots of success with your current books, and with all your future work too.

Thank you for popping by to visit!   


7 comments:

  1. Michelle - thank you so much for having me on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pleasure, Miriam. Thank YOU for agreeing to stop by and leave a great Meet the Author post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great chat ladies, loved it and I agree Shades of Appley Green is a fab book. Definitely a recomend from me. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really recommend all of Miriam Wakerly's books. I really enjoyed reading all of them, they are an excellent read. Great post Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Shades of Appley Green and can recommend it, too. Great interview, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone so much - I am glad you all enjoyed the book, including its pulse-raising moments!

    ReplyDelete