Monday, 25 February 2013

It's almost time for kick-off...

I don't think I've blogged for over a week now. And why's that? Well, it isn't because Bradley Cooper suddenly turned up on my doorstep begging me to be his date for the BAFTAs, that's for sure.

No, the reason why I haven't written a post for over a week is simple - I've been holed up in my office (otherwise known as the back bedroom), making sure that 'Striker' is finally ready to publish. And, being the pessimistic person that I am, there are probably still one or two tiny, minor errors that have passed me by but which some pedantic reviewer will no doubt flag up and make me aware of at some point (not cynical in the least, me) but cut us indie authors some slack, okay? If I win the lottery or lose enough weight to enable me to sell my body for a decent price (I'm joking with that last one, by the way) then I'll be first in the queue to hire an editor but in the meantime, I can't. Funds will not allow. So, it's just little old me doing all the work, and I've been working hard, believe me. I've been over this thing with a fine-toothed comb to try and make sure it's as perfect as it can be, so I just hope I've succeeded. Because, in a couple of days, it'll be out there, available for everyone to read, review, comment on - and I'm still so nervous about that. In fact, I honestly think I've been deliberately delaying this book's release because I'm so nervous about letting it go. I've become very close to the characters, and I guess I'm just a bit scared about how others are going to portray them. I might love them, but that doesn't mean everybody else will, too.


Still, it's finished now. I've done as much as I can, so, once the technical support (my husband) gets home, it will be uploaded onto my Kindle one more time so I can double-check the formatting is okay, and then, provided my technical support has a spare five minutes either tomorrow or Wednesday, 'Striker' will finally be added to those virtual bookshelves. 


So, if you're one of those patient people who's been waiting for this book, waiting whilst I put the release date back and back, then you really don't have much longer to wait before you finally meet Ryan Fisher, the sexy and slightly cocky Geordie bad-boy of North East football, Jim Allen, the handsome, charismatic, American-born manager of Newcastle Red Star, and Amber Sullivan, a beautiful, feisty local sports reporter.


And I really can't wait to see what people think about this book - remember, it's a little steamier than my previous books, a little sexier, a little harder. It isn't a sweet romance by any stretch of the imagination. far from it! There's sex, strong language and adult themes in there, but, if you're ready for all that, and you prefer your romance more Jackie Collins than Jane Austen, then you might just like this. I hope!

For the past few months my life has been one full of footballers, football managers, more footballers, in fact, I now can't switch on 'Match of the Day' without breaking out in a cold sweat so full-on has this footballing experience been. But, please note that this book is not about football. It's just a story set in and around the world of football. So, if you don't know know your offside rule from your goal kick it doesn't matter one bit - it's not about the game itself, just the people who frequent the world around it.

So, I'd better get off and do this final formatting check, then, because, the more time I spend faffing about with other things, the longer it'll be before I can finally get 'Striker' published...

'Striker' - kick-off Thursday February 28th...


No comments:

Post a Comment