Thursday, 3 January 2013

My 2012 Awards...

I've been tagged by my fabulous blogging and twitter friend Jamie T Dougan to give my awards for 2012 on various things from my most memorable song of the year, to my hero.  So, as we're all still getting used to ushering in this brand new year, I've stuck my thinking cap on, and here are my very own awards for the year just passed...




ONE WORD TO SUM UP 2012
 

Busy.  Enough said...


SONG OF THE YEAR



Tough one this, as I'm a really big music fan and therefore have too many favourite songs to mention, unfortunately not many of those songs are actually current!
But, as far as songs of the year for 2012 go,  my choice is probably a strange one to the people who know me and my music tastes - Rita Ora feat. Tinie Tempah and 'R.I.P.'  Why?  It just reminds me of the summer, and writing my book 'Illusions of Love'.  And I just really love the song, strangely enough.  Because it is actually so far away from the kind of thing I usually listen to...


ALBUM OF THE YEAR

Has to be Driving Towards the Daylight by the fabulous Joe Bonamassa.  Another amazing album from a truly amazing performer.



HIGHLIGHT OF THE YEAR

Seeing the incredible Joe Bonamassa live for the second time.  His shows are just mesmerising, and completely unforgettable.
 

The fantastic Joe Bonamassa.

PERSONAL HIGHLIGHT OF THE YEAR

I think this has to be seeing my comedy romance 'Bon Voyage' appear in the Top 100 Kindle books chart back in May of last year.  That was a real highlight.



This was a bestseller in 2012.

HERO OF THE YEAR
 

My husband, Ian.  For putting up with me! I love him to bits, and I just hope he knows that...


SPORTS STAR OF THE YEAR
 

This one has to go to the whole of Team GB, and I'm sure most people would agree with me here.  They gave us a spectacular summer of sport last year, and I think London 2012 is something we'll all remember for a long time yet.


MOVIE OF THE YEAR
 

Ted.  Without a doubt.  I have a slightly warped sense of humour...

Mark Wahlberg and Ted, from the movie 'Ted'.


TV SHOW OF THE YEAR
 

Going to give this award to American Horror Story: Asylum.  It's actually still running, so it's crept into 2013 too, but this show is just so different to anything I've seen before, with some incredible performances from the likes of Jessica Lange and Zachary Quinto.  I'm so glad the UK saw sense and decided to air this programme too.  Just brilliant.

Oh, but, hang on, can I choose two shows?  Because the return of Dallas was a definite highlight of 2012 for me.  I was so happy they brought that back, but so sad at the loss of Larry HagmanHe made JR Ewing a legend...


Long may the memory of JR Ewing live on...


The gorgeous Jim Caviezel
CRUSH OF THE YEAR

Again, I'm gonna be indecisive here and make it a tie between American actor and star of another great TV show, Person of Interest, Jim Caviezel, and the rather gorgeous star of The Paradise and Comedy Central's Threesome, Emun Elliot.  I wouldn't kick either of them out of bed for eating toast, and both have proved to be more than adequate inspiration for my soon-to-be-released new novel 'Striker'!


The rather lovely Emun Elliot




So, there you have it.  My rather random awards for 2012 - the year I had a bestselling book, watched a lot of sport, and found beards on men sexy.  And, on that note, I've got an extremely handsome footballer I need to get back to if this new book of mine is to be ready for its Spring release... Bring on 2013! :) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment