Tuesday, 11 December 2012

It's Christmas! It's also the official launch day for 'Christmas Without Icing', my new Christmas romance novella!

Yes, two weeks today and the big day itself will be upon us!  So, what better time to release a little festive fairytale to warm people's hearts on these cold, winter days and nights?  And today is the official launch day for just that kind of story - my little bonus book, Christmas Without Icing - a heartwarming tale of love and hope at Christmas, set in Lapland.  Because I've been there.  And it was beautiful!  Perfect inspiration for a romantic, festive story.

And, because it's a Christmas-themed romance, and because it's that time of year again, I thought I'd do a festive-themed musical post to get everyone in the mood for the coming holiday period.

So, just what were the Christmas songs that made up a suitable soundtrack for Christmas Without Icing?

Well, as much as I love the old Slade and Wizzard classics, they weren't really the kind of music that went with this story, but these ones were...

Mud - Lonely This Christmas 

 

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - The Power of Love  


Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas is You  




Michael Buble - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)  
 
Greg Lake - I Believe in Father Christmas  

 

Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime  



 
Any favourites in there?  One of my absolute favourite Christmas songs of all time is included in that list - Greg Lake's 'I Believe in Father Christmas'.  Ever since I was a child I've loved that song, and I don't even know why.  I just do.  And, funnily enough, it kind of suited this story too.

So, that's the soundtrack for the book - and if you'd like to read a little excerpt from this brand-new novella of mine, you can do so here - an excerpt from Christmas Without Icing - and see what you think.

So, get those Christmas tunes turned up loud, grab a mince pie, and curl up with a festive romance - Christmas Without Icing - a Lapland fairytale.  Available to download HERE from Amazon for just 99p!

And look out for another musical post later today where I'll be sharing some of my all-time favourite Christmas classics! Yes, it's just another excuse to play Slade again... 

Can I smell mulled wine on the go...?


No comments:

Post a Comment