Friday, 9 November 2012

Meet The Author - Suzy Turner

Yes, my Meet the Author slots are back!  And today I'm introducing YA Author, and fellow Famous Five Plus member, Suzy Turner!  

Want to find out more about her, and her latest release The Ghost of Josiah Grimshaw?  I'll let Suzy take it from here...


I wanted to write something to introduce myself, but to be honest, I was totally stumped. How do you start something like that? Hi, my name is Suzy and I'm a Brit abroad. Nah, boring. Ok, how about: Hi, my name is Suzy and I've lived in Portugal since I was ten years old. B.O.R.I.N.G. Okay, so I figured I'd just let you straight in to my world...
I met my soulmate when I was 16 years old. It totally screwed up my plans for a high flying career as I couldn't bare to leave him after I'd completed my A'levels. So instead of following my planned path of university, I got a local job as a trainee journalist. Turns out it was meant to be after all, because it led to me having a career in the publishing industry. I moved from journalist to features writer and then to assistant editor, features editor to, eventually, magazine editor. Cool eh? Not so cool was my redundancy after less than a year in the position!
Oh well, never mind...I'll just have to find something else, I thought. Not in my wildest dreams did I realize I would, within a few short months, be self publishing my first book for teens, Raven. It was so well received by both teens and adults alike, that I soon wrote the sequel, December Moon, followed by the final book in the trilogy, The Lost Soul.
And now I am launching my latest book (I'm super excited about this, I truly feel it's my best work yet!) The Ghost of Josiah Grimshaw, which is the start of a brand new series, The Morgan Sisters.
I have plans to write so much that my head is like a washing machine that's permanently spinning... but that's what happens when you're an author, I guess!


Suzy's latest novel, The Ghost of Josiah Grimshaw, was released this week  - with an absolutely stunning cover! 
Here's a little bit about the book...


The Ghost of Josiah Grimshaw


Adopted sisters Lana Beth and Emma Jane are polar opposites, but when the same strange 'tattoo' suddenly appears and winds its way up their bodies within days of each other, they soon realise there's more to their relationship than they could ever have imagined.
Sent off to London for two weeks of 'work experience', the Morgan Sisters soon find themselves being initiated into the ancient Praxos Foundation, one that protects the innocent while fighting evil, both human and supernatural.
At the same time, Lana Beth and Emma Jane must also investigate why the sweet but sometimes pesky ghost of Josiah Grimshaw just won't leave them alone.


If you'd like to find out more about Suzy, and her books, you can visit her website Suzy Turner, YA Author or her blog at suzyturner.blogspot.co.uk 

You can also find her Official Author Page on Facebook, follow her on Twitter at @suzy_turner, or join her over on Pinterest.

And you can find all of Suzy's books over on Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com  


Thank you, Suzy, for a great post! Wishing you all the luck in the world with The Ghost of Josiah Grimshaw, and thank you once again for agreeing to guest here on my blog! 



7 comments:

  1. Hi Suzy & Michelle,

    This does sound such an intriguing story! The cover is gorgeous, too. I really hope this does well for you, Suzy. ;)

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've downloaded this book this morning and look forward to reading it. Good luck with the launch and sales, Suzy. It sounds like a super plot.

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Michelle, for hosting me on your fabulous purple (one of my fave colours!) blog! I love your obsession with Bradley Cooper, btw! :)

    Francine... thank you so much!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest, Suzy. :) And as for Bradley Cooper, well, he's just a very welcome distraction sometimes, not to mention a useful source of inspiration... ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks for downloading the book, K! That's super cool of you! xx

    Michelle, I so understand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this feature, Michelle! Great to get to know fellow FFP authors this way.

    The story sounds great, Suzy, and I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ;) (I so know where you're coming from)

    ReplyDelete