Friday, 23 November 2012

Meet the Author - Caroline James

It's time for a new 'Meet the Author' post, and today I've got another fellow Famous Five Plus author visiting my blog - the wonderful Caroline James!
So, if you want to find out a little bit more about Caroline, and her book Coffee, Tea, The Gypsy & Me then read on! 

Take it away, Caroline! 



Thanks to Michelle for having me guest on her blog…

So who is Caroline James?  I hide behind my pen name because some of the experiences in my day job have been known to turn up in my writing and as much as I aim to be discreet, readers dig deep to see if a character is in fact a well-known individual.  I was always told to, 'Write what you know!'
In the real world I run a hospitality company and work with media individuals who appear at festivals, prestigious events and on television. They may be ambassadors for products or brands and on occasion travel to exotic locations to work with well-heeled clientele.  It’s a job I love and I've found myself in some interesting places - perfect material to inspire any writer! 
Many years ago I lived in Cumbria and loved the gentle rolling fells and stunning Lakeland scenery.  Every year there is a gypsy horse fair in Appleby - a tradition dating back over 300 years, protected in a charter by James II, it attracts thousands of gypsies from all over Great Britain and is the highlight of their travelling year.  A colourful cast of characters gather at the fair and I thought it might be fun to weave a story around this, so Coffee, Tea, The Gypsy & Me was born.  I'm currently co-writing a book called Justine's Journey which is a guide to weight loss and follows the life of an extraordinary lady who lost over fourteen stones and changed her life in the process.  My next novel is The Agent which will be published in 2013, this digs deep into the world of celebrity chefs at the hands of their agent, Hilary Hargreaves, a gin drinking, hard-nosed entrepreneur who has a penchant for all things vintage, including her wine.  In between novels, I write short stories.  My next, 'Wake Up & Smell The Coffee' will be published in Candis Magazine, January 2013.

Here's a little bit about Coffee, Tea, The Gypsy & Me…


Jo’s romance with the gypsy began with his first kiss, she never forgot it…

When Jo Edmond’s husband runs off with their nanny and disappears into a Spanish sunset, Jo resolves to make a new life with her baby son. She impulsively purchases Kirkton House a run down guest house and with the help of a colourful cast of characters, establishes a thriving country house hotel. Jo opens the hotel during Fair Week, a famous 300 year old gypsy tradition, hated by the locals and loved by every tinker and traveller in the country. Romance is the last thing on her mind, until the enigmatic John Doherty walks into her life...





If you want to find out more about Caroline, you can contact her via her website, blog, Facebook or Twitter.  All the details are listed below....
twitter:     @CarolineJames12
facebook:  www.facebook.com/carolinejamesauthor

And want to get your hands on a copy of Coffee, Tea, The Gypsy & Me?  Then check out the links below!

Thanks to Caroline for a great guest post - I loved it! I'm looking forward to reading Coffee, Tea, The Gypsy & Me, and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of The Agent when it's released! 


Good luck with everything, Caroline, and thank you once again for agreeing to be a guest here on my blog.  It was fun! 


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Michelle for letting me visit your lovely blog. Warmest wishes to all your visitors, Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome, Caroline. It was an absolute pleasure to have you here on my blog with a great post! :) xx

    ReplyDelete