Wednesday, 26 September 2012

My Top 5 secret celebrity crushes...

OK.  It's Wednesday, which means that, in the UK, tonight is 'Dallas' night!  Which therefore means that I'm in an extremely good mood today as I look forward to my weekly hour of betrayal, backstabbing, and nice young men in stetsons.  How many hours is it until 9pm.... ?

Anyway, seeing as I'm in that rare state called a good mood, I thought I'd do a lighthearted post today - my Top 5 secret crushes.  You know, those people you've always had a bit of a thing for but have maybe never really told anyone about; or you're just too ashamed to admit it!  Either way, I've got a bit of a list, so here we go.  My Top 5 secret crushes...

1)  Alan Rickman


I have had a crush on the lovely Mr. Rickman for as long as I can remember.  And I have no idea what it is about him, but he can just be incredibly sexy at times (Severus Snape excluded).  And that voice!  Oh, that voice of his is just gorgeous!  He's got one of those voices I could just listen to all day.

He's a great actor too, of course, playing anything from a terrorist in 'Die Hard' to the romantic lead in the fantastic 'Truly Madly Deeply'.  From Shakespeare to the Sheriff of Nottingham, he's done it all.  And I still never get tired of watching him.

Check out his appearance in Scottish band Texas's video for their single from the year 2000, 'In Demand', because this is one performance of his that I really never get tired of watching.  He just comes across as so damn sexy in this video!  Oh, to be Sharleen Spiteri, dirty dancing with Alan Rickman on the forecourt of a deserted Shell service station in the middle of the night... you couldn't get any more romantic...

Watch the way he just rips her coat off and then try and tell me you don't find that sexy... because I do...


Right.  Enough of that.  Who's next...

2)   John Nettles

John Nettles as Detective Sergeant Bergerac
Now, I've never seen an episode of Midsomer Murders but when John Nettles was in Bergerac I could have quite happily upped sticks and moved to Jersey without a backward glance.  I loved that programme.  And I had the biggest crush on John Nettles at the time, another actor with a voice I could listen to all day.

Anyone remember that BBC series Airport?  Well, I didn't really care all that much about the goings on over at Heathrow, but the fact John Nettles narrated that programme meant I watched it religiously...

3)  Philip Glenister

Especially when he played DCI Gene Hunt in Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes.  There was just something about him in that role that, despite being the epitome of sexist, was also incredibly attractive!  I just have no idea why...



4)  Terry Venables


Don't ask, just... don't ask.  I'm blaming this one on all that football-related research I'm immersing myself in at the minute...

Could've been worse, though.  It could've been Harry Redknapp...






5)  Simon King (from The Hairy Bikers)


Si King (left) and a rather attractive chocolate cake...
Now, this is another one that I can't really explain, except that I think it has something to do with the Geordie accent, and the fact he can cook.  And he's just so cuddly!  Or, at least, he was until him and his Hairy Biker sidekick Dave Myers turned into the Hairy Dieters and lost all that weight.  I'm kind of hoping he puts a bit of it back on...

You see, I don't just fancy the Bradley Coopers and Keanu Reeves of this world.  But they are the ones I use for "research" a lot more... ;)



Okay.  There you have it.  Five of my favourite "secret crushes", weird though they may be.

So, come on then, what are yours?  I'd love to know...

Right, I'm off to watch that 'Texas' video again because the image of Alan Rickman and Sharleen Spiteri's seriously sexy garage forecourt tango is one I just have to see again...  What is it about that man...?



3 comments:

  1. It's no secret that I lust after Frank Skinner. I have no clue why. I just do. Maybe it's true that a sense of humour is an aphrodisiac! Others? Jean Reno, Fred Macaulay, Yul Brynner and Rivers Cuomo. None of them conventionally attractive, but all have been on my mind at some point.

    Also, I totally get the Alan Rickman thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was with you all the way until number 5 :-)

    On my list I would have Ray Winstone instead, if I had a subs bench it would include George Graham, Claudio Ranieri, Liam Neeson, Marc Warren ... oh I could go on for ages.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a wonderful post, Michelle! I TOTALLY agree with you about Alan Rickman... I've fancied him for ages. You're right about the accent... drool!
    I also know what you mean about Simon King... its the accent, his yummy cooking skill and his cuddliness, I think!
    As for other secret crushes, now I know this one is weird but I'd have to say Piers Morgan! I know, I can't even explain it. There's just something about him!
    Also, Gabriel Byrne (swoon) and Gary Oldman (sigh)
    xx

    ReplyDelete