Friday, 15 June 2012

This week I have mostly been...

... Editing, watching football, and moaning...  Let's take those one at a time, shall we?

Okay - editing.  Yes, I've spent a good few hours every day this week avoiding social networking (and that hasn't been easy) in order to get my new book finished and ready for publication within the next two weeks, and thanks to this enforced burst of self-discipline, it looks like I'm still on track for the end of June release I'd originally wanted.  Of course, this is all subject to my husband having the time to help me with the technical side of things, because, without him, there would be no book.  I can write the thing but I can't even begin to work out how to get it up there on Amazon!  So, as long as he's got the time to help me with everything, then 'Illusions of Love' should be ready to hit the virtual bookshelf in a couple of weeks!

This sequel (although I'm still not keen on callling it a sequel, it's definitely more of a continuation) hasn't been the easiest book to write, mainly because I care so much about the characters that I really wanted to make sure I did my best for them in this second book, but I'm also aware it isn't going to be the easiest book to market, either.  I've tried to make the book a stand-alone book in its own right, so that you don't really have to have read 'No Matter What'  first to get what's going on, but I still think it would be much more enjoyable if people had read 'No Matter What'  first.  So, to all intents and purposes, I'm really going to have to be marketing two books, aren't I?  Both 'No Matter What' and 'Illusions of Love' !  Yep, I really do like to make my life easy!

Anyway, so, if you're looking forward to finding out just what happened to India, Charley, Kenny and the rest of the gang from 'No Matter What'  then you'll, hopefully, not have to wait too long!  Mind you, I'm still having issues with the cover...

And if you haven't yet read 'No Matter What' and you quite fancy losing yourself in an 800+ page epic of a romance spanning two-decades, you can check out the first few chapters of the book in this very early blog post of mine - No Matter What - chapters 1-4 and you can find another excerpt from the book here - No Matter What - sample excerpt.

You can also check out a small excerpt from that soon-to-be-released follow-up, 'Illusions of Love' here - Illusions of Love - sample excerpt.

If you're looking for a little bit of sexy, glamorous romance, a dose of pure escapism, and you like your books a bit like a Jackie Collins mixed with a touch of Danielle Steel and a sprinkling of Jilly Cooper, then you just might like 'No Matter What' and 'Illusions of Love'... you just might... Does the plugging ever stop...? ;-)

Right, what else have I been doing this week?  Oh, yeah.  Watching football.  And moaning.  Because the two are linked, actually.  We're in the middle of Euro 2012 and somehow, as usual when it comes to big football tournaments, I've been sucked in and now seem to find myself most evenings watching entire matches, although, that's usually because there's not much else on in the way of alternative entertainment. I mean, tonight for example, because England are playing (on BBC1),  ITV has decided not to even bother competing for viewers so there's no Coronation Street, just a repeat of Lewis for those who don't want to endure England being beaten by Sweden.  Yes, that's my prediction.  Sweden really have to win this match to have a chance of moving forward into the next round (blimey! I almost sound as if I know what's going on there!) and I just think they'll have more passion and drive than England have... that's my opinion, anyway.  Oh, that and the fact that England have never beaten Sweden in a competitive match yet... (I'm not sad enough to know that statistic myself, I've just heard it on the news...)
I'm not really feeling all that patriotic to be honest.  I'm actually supporting Spain in this tournament, (I used to live there, they're my second team), mainly because I'm not altogether certain that England can go that far in this competition and I need someone to support or my interest is going to wane terribly fast.  I'm only sticking with the tournament at the minute because, so far, it hasn't mucked up the scheduling of Holby City...

I'm missing my regular visits to the cobbles...
But what it has mucked up is the scheduling of the soaps.  And that is not making me happy!  I love a bit of Coronation Street - I look forward to curling up on the sofa with a cup of tea and the dog to watch what's going down on those famous cobbles but now, thanks to the football, episodes are sporadic and all over the place!  I mean, there are only two episodes next week!  Two!!??   That's scandalous!  Sunita has just begun her transformation into a full-scale bunny-boiler and we get two frigging episodes! Not happy.  At all.  If it wasn't for the fact it's Janine's wedding to that psycho Michael in an hour-long Eastenders next week, which means something's going to kick-off, as it always does in soap weddings, then I'd be absolutely distraught!  Okay, slight exaggeration there, but I wouldn't be best pleased, let me tell you.  And it's going to happen all over again once the bloody Olympics start...

Oh, and one last random thing before I go, because this really made me wonder just how many porkies (porkie pies - lies, for those of you who don't know what that means) celebrities tell... On Loose Women the other day, the object of my 80's crush, Duran Duran's Simon Le Bon, apparently said that his missus, the ever-gorgeous Yasmin Le Bon, never went into "wife-mode", and by that he meant that she never walked round the house in tracksuit bottoms and slippers.  Really?  In all those years of marriage the woman has never dressed comfortably?  Well, that might be fine for her, but I'm afraid if Mr Le Bon had been lucky enough to marry me (oh, the dreams I had back in the early 80's...) things wouldn't have been quite so glamorous because the thought of settling down to watch Casualty in a tight little backless number and a pair of Christian Louboutins just isn't my idea of fun... Still not entirely sure he's telling the truth to be honest...

The follow-up is just a couple of weeks away...
Right, I'd better stop rambling on and get back to putting the finishing touches to 'Illusions of Love'.  It's about ready to be put on the Kindle for me to check the formatting and (hopefully) pick up any stray spelling or grammatical errors then, once I've finally made a decision on the cover, it should be all systems go sometime in the final week of June!  Fingers crossed...

Have a great weekend!  And remember, if you're looking for something to read... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment