Thursday, 3 May 2012

Where have I been lately? Googling Bradley Cooper, mainly...

Ok, now, contrary to what people may be thinking, my lack of visability on Facebook/Twitter/blogs this week does not mean I've done a Stephen Fry and flounced off to Paris in a stroppy, artistic huff because I got one slightly dodgy review.

All I've been doing is taking a little break from the social networking side of things for a few days to give me some time to get stuff done that should have been done a long time ago - I've been doing a touch of re-formatting on a couple of my books, and I've been working really hard on Illusions of Love, the follow-up to No Matter What, and yes, loosely translated, that does mean I've been pulling out the old Bradley Cooper "research" material, but only because I want to get the character of Dominic MacDonald in Illusions... absolutely perfect.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it...  ;-)

Bradley Cooper - perfect inspiration...
So, I haven't been ignoring anyone, I haven't been sitting on the sofa for days on end wrapped up in me dressing gown watching Homes Under The Hammer, shovelling packets of HobNobs down me neck as I contemplate packing in this writing lark and taking up crochet.  Quite the opposite.  I just wanted to take a bit of time to remember why I love doing what I do so much; a bit of time to get things absolutely how I want them, to make things as good as they can be, and to get to work on putting the finishing touches to this follow-up book without the self-inflicted distractions that social networking can give me.  Because I'm easily led, believe me.  It doesn't take much to distract me, so I've had to be really strict with myself this week.  And it ain't been easy.  But I think it's been the right thing to do at the right time, personally.  It's coming up to my one year anniversary as an indie author at the end of this month and I suppose that's as good a time as any to sit down, take stock and think about where to go from here.  And the answer to that is, forwards!  I've just released my fourth book, the cruise-themed comedy romance Bon Voyage, and in just a month or so the follow-up to No Matter What will also be ready to release - and, no.  I haven't written that book in record-quick time, it was actually written and finished before I even started writing Bon Voyage, I just didn't feel ready to unleash it on the world at that time.  But I'm ready now, so, if you were a fan of No Matter What, then get ready to re-visit India, Kenny, Charley, etc, and, of course, the enigmatic new movie star on the block, the rather nice-looking Dominic MacDonald!  You might like him.  I know I do...

Waiting for the follow-up? It's almost here!
Anyway, I'm veering off track a little here, but I just wanted to let people know that I haven't disappeared off the face of the earth, I'm not fed-up or miserable or in the middle of some creative "throw-my-pens-out-of-the-pencil-case" strop, I'm just beavering away in my little office getting things done.  And it's been quite nice, if not a little lonely, but I'm hopefully going to end the week feeling that everything I wanted to get done has been finished, sorted, and then next week I can concentrate on getting back on track with some promotion work for Bon Voyage and get everyone in the mood for some more Hollywood glamour and complicated love-lives as Illusions of Love gets ready to hit the virtual bookstands.  And I'm quite excited about it, now I've gone back and re-read it all, altered certain bits...

So, that's what I've been doing. Nothing exciting, just working.  Writing, writing, and more writing.  Inbetween Googling Bradley Cooper, that is... it's such a hard life... ;-)

Anyway, normal service will be resumed very soon, but until then, I'd better get me head back down and get back to work... still got lots to do...


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes a break is exactly what the doctor ordered. Best of luck with the new book :)

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete