Wednesday, 1 February 2012

February's Featured Book of the Month - Blame It on the Fame by Tracie Banister.

Is it February already?  Well, my calender is certainly telling me it is, so that means it's time for a new Featured Book of the Month here on my blog, and this month it's Tracie Banister's debut novel, Blame It on the Fame...

"A power-trippin’ bitch, a has-been, a skanky ex-model, a press-shy indie queen, and a British stage actress no one knows – that’s how the Best Actress hopefuls in this year’s too-close-to-call Oscar race cattily describe each other. Which of them will win the much-coveted gold statue and what price will they be forced to pay as they travel the red carpeted-path to Hollywood glory?

Amidst all the press-schmoozing and angsting over which designer gown to wear, these Oscar contenders feud, commiserate, and face a succession of personal crises – scandalous secrets come to light, marriages implode, accidents land two nominees in the hospital while another receives news that could derail her career, all culminating on Tinsel Town’s biggest night when anything can happen, and does."


And it's also fitting that I'm featuring this book as my book of the month for February because we've now entered into the countdown to the Oscars!  So, look out for a few movie-related posts along the way this month and, of course, my take on those fabulous - and not-so-fabulous - Oscar outfits... looking forward to that one...

Anyway, if you're in the mood for a bit of Oscar-related fun, and a damn good read, if the first 5-star review of Tracie's book is anything to go by, then why not give Blame It on the Fame a go?  I know I'm certainly going  to...
 
Blame It on the Fame is available from Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and Smashwords.


And if you'd like your book to be a featured book of the month here on my blog then please get in touch. I'd love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment