Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Adam Lambert, that Bradley Cooper/Ryan Gosling debate, and my new book update - time for a midweek catch-up!

We're only a handful of days away from the biggest night in the movie calender, and I'd promised that I was going to write all sorts of movie-related posts on my blog this month to celebrate The BAFTA's, The Oscar's, etc.  So, where are all these posts then?  Well, my writing plans - as those of you who follow this blog may know - have taken a slightly different route than I'd originally intended and, to cut a long story short, I've begun writing a brand new book.  And I'd forgotten how good that feels, to completely lose yourself in a brand new story, completely new characters, a whole new world.  So, the thing is, my concentration has kind of been taken up with this new novel.  Yes, that's right, I haven't even had time to fantasise about Bradley Cooper/Ryan Gosling/Keanu Reeves - I know!  Shocking, isn't it?  But at the same time that's a good thing, because it means I'm totally wrapped up in the writing of this new book, I'm avoiding (most of the time!) any distractions, and I'm loving every second of working on it.

My new comedy-romance novel is set on one of these!
I've gone back to comedy-romance, set on a cruise ship, and I'm using my own experiences of cruise holidays - and some of the characters I've met on those holidays - to hopefully produce a fun, summer read.  I'm already looking for cover ideas, and I'm really quite excited about the whole thing.  I really am.  Although I'm giving myself daily headaches trying to think of a title but I'll get there - eventually!  I've even got hubby trying his hardest to think of one but, bless him, he hasn't quite got the hang of finding the right title for a chick lit novel.  Not yet, anyway, but if I give him enough time...
So, I'm almost halfway through the first draft of the new book and, to be honest, I'm flying through it so I'm still hoping for a May/very-early-June-at-the-latest release. I'll keep you posted on how things are going, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get the book out in time for summer - if I ever get round to thinking of a decent title, that is!

Adam Lambert
So, what else has been happening to make me just a little bit excited this week?  Well, apart from 'Waterloo Road' returning for a new series tonight (yay!), it's just been confirmed that Season 8 American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert is to appear on stage with Queen when they headline this year's Sonisphere festival in July!  Now, whilst nobody could ever replace the legend that will always be Freddie Mercury, I have wanted to see Lambert front Queen for years now, and the fact that this is going to happen with a full set at Knebworth - where they played their last concert with Freddie - is great news!  And I can't wait to see the result of this because if anybody can do some kind of justice to Queen songs, then it's Adam.  He's got a great voice, I loved him on American Idol, and I think he can do it.  And I think he can do it well.

I'm going on March 25th! Excited, or what???
Oh, and while we're on the subject of rock music, I've bitten the bullet and finally got round to booking my ticket to see the incredible Joe Bonamssa when he plays Newcastle-upon-Tyne Metro Radio Arena in March.  I've got to go on my own (again!) because nobody else I know round here is willing to go with me (philistines!) but I don't care.  It was so worth it last time, and I'm just not willing to give up a chance to go watch this amazing, talented artist live.  Looking forward to another fabulous night of Joe's own brand of rock 'n' blues.

Okay, I'm off to get down to some serious writing in a minute but, before I go, I may not have dedicated a full post to this subject as I'd originally promised, but I think it deserves a little mention - Bradley Cooper-v-Ryan Gosling.  Where do you stand on this one?
Take a look at this picture and think carefully...

Which one are you having?
Do you know what my answer would be?  And this might surprise you, but after looking at that picture (for far longer than I should have) I've actually come to the conclusion that I'd be quite happy to throw Ryan down on the nearest available (preferably soft) surface and show him who's boss... oh, who am I kidding?  I'd have either one of them!  But Ryan does look exceptionally hot, I have to say... And, yes, I did post that particular picture for no other reason than it was gratuitous and I needed a bit of eye candy this morning.  Sometimes we writers just need that "special" kind of inspiration! That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. ;-)

Somebody open a window - it's just got very hot in here...




No comments:

Post a Comment