Tuesday, 3 January 2012

New Year, new start, new books... and Bradley Cooper in a white linen shirt...

Happy New Year, everyone!  I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas, but did you honestly think I could begin 2012 without mentioning the fact that I finally got to see The Hangover Part 2 a few days ago?  Come on!  You should all know by now how I feel about the lovely Bradley Cooper! ;-)

And if you, by any chance, don't know how I feel about the lovely Bradley Cooper, (where have you been??), well, let's put it this way - I think he's rather attractive.  And that's putting it mildly!

So, after far too many months of waiting, a copy of The Hangover Part 2 finally came into my possession.  Was I excited about that?  Too bloody right I was!  The original Hangover movie has to have been one of my favourite movies ever (I have a slightly warped sense of humour) so I couldn't wait to watch the next installment, and not just because it meant an hour and a half of eye candy in the shape of Mr Cooper.  No, I love a good laugh, and despite Final Destination 5 proving to be more funny than it probably should have been (remind me never to have laser eye surgery or take up gymnastics after watching that film!) it was The Hangover 2 that gave me the biggest laughs over Christmas.

Bradley Cooper (centre) with co-stars Ed Helms (left) and Zach Galifianakis

It's had a few mediocre reviews, a lot of people saying it was nothing but a carbon copy of the first movie (except this time set in Thailand) but so what?  It never pretended to be anything else.  So, go into this movie knowing exactly what you're going to be faced with, and it won't disapppoint.  If you like that kind of thing.  Which I do.  Sure, it's rude, crude, and the language can sometimes be a bit on the "fresh" side, but as long as you know what you're letting yourself in for, where's the harm in that?  The Hangover Part 2 is another crazy ride for the characters of Phil (Cooper), Stu (Helms) and Alan (Galifianakis) as they try to piece together the events of yet another forgotten night, and the consequences that follow...



Yes, it is just The Hangover remade in Thailand, but that's fine with me.  That's exactly what I wanted.  And I thought it was hilarious!  And the sight of Bradley Cooper all hot and sweaty in that white linen shirt, well, let's not get me started on that... personally, though, I think the monkey stole the show...

Anyway, enough of all that.  If I start waxing lyrical on Mr Cooper we'll be here all day and I've got things to do later - like write a book!  Because, yes, it's a new year, and I've got new projects on the horizon!  And, I have to say, I'm quite excited by it all.
No Matter What - the follow up is due this April/May.
2011 was really a year in which I spent a lot of time finding my feet in a world that was new and somewhat scary to me.  But now I (kind of!) know what I'm doing, I know where I'm going as far as my writing's concerned, and I think I've done an OK job of trying to get my name out there, so it's about time I got some new work ready to inflict on the big wide world!  And that new work will be - first and foremost - the follow up to my debut novel, the epic, sexy contemporary romance No Matter What.  The continuing story of Geordie-born India and her glamorous, if not sometimes complicated, life in Hollywood. Sexier and hotter than before, there'll be new characters, more intrigue, more romance, and more twists and turns as this story uncovers things from the past some people would rather forget, and more secrets that are set to turn worlds upside down.  It's due for release around April/May 2012, and I hope that those of you who have read No Matter What will look forward to reading this follow up.  I'll keep you posted on its progress as the year progresses.

But, not content with just the one new book this year, I've decided to give myself a shed load of work to be getting on with (it keeps me out of trouble!) because I also intend to begin writing a book this summer that will be due for release - hopefully - around November/early December this year.  And it's going to be a Christmas story, a festive romance, but written in my own inimitable style!  I already know that it's going to be set partly in Finnish Lapland, in a town called Levi, (a place I've visited and loved!), and I have a few characters and a basic storyline already sorted, but that's a job that will have to wait until at least June before I even begin to start thinking about writing it.

For now, all my energies are going into completing Illusions of Love, and getting that ready to publish.  I'm about three quarters of the way through the first draft, so I know I've got a hell of a lot of work ahead of me in the coming  months, but I'm looking forward to getting something new out there.  A new year, new books, new start, if you like.

Michelle Betham, author of glamorous, sexy romance novels is here to stay.  So get ready for more to come from me, and I hope you'll stay with me for what I hope will be a long and exciting journey.  Here's to 2012, and all that it may bring us...

If you haven't yet read No Matter What, it's available to download from Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com.


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new work... looking forward to reading something set in Lapland, been there myself! And well done for everything you've achieved in the past year - you have started to create a name for yourself and I think in 2012 your success will really begin to pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, so much, for your really lovely comment. :-) Reading comments like this really makes my day, not to mention spurring me on to get cracking with these books I have planned for 2012!

    And I hope you'll give my Lapland-set Christmas romance a try when it comes out later this year. :-)

    Thank you once again for your lovely words - it means a lot. :-)

    ReplyDelete