Monday, 3 October 2011

'See You At The Show' - My latest novel at a knock-down price!

So, I've knocked the price of my latest novel, 'See You At The Show', down to just 86p/$0.99 - why?  Is it because I don't think the book is worthy of a higher price tag?  Am I not as confident about that book as I am about the others?  No.  It's for none of those reasons.  I'm proud of the book, I love the characters, I love the story - and I think it was well worth it's previous price of £2.29/$3.30.

But I'm a new author.  Nobody knows who the hell I am, no-one's read my books - bar a very few kind people who've already bought copies.  And I have got to try my hardest - as an independent author - to get more people to come and take a look at my novels.  That's just the way it is.  Readers aren't just going to come out of nowhere,  I've got to let people know who I am, that I'm here, and that I want them to check me out!

'See You At The Show' - my latest ebook

So, I made a decision.  Why not give people a chance to read one of my books at a very low price?  It might work, it might not, but if it means I can get just a handful of people to try out one of my books then I'll be a very happy new author.  And if they like what they read, well, they might just want to try another of my books, we'll just have to see how that pans out.

But that's what I've decided to do.  I've decided to offer one of my novels at a knock-down price, a kind of taster, if you like, to the type of books you can expect from me, the kind of stories I write.  So, if you've got a spare 86p/99cents and you're looking for something to read, or you're just willing to give a brand new author a go, then why not download 'See You At The Show' (you can find the link to the book's Amazon page down the right hand side of this blog) and see what you think.  And if you do decide to give it a go, I really hope you enjoy it because, as a writer, that's the most important thing to me - that people enjoy my work.  After all, that's the whole reason I do this. :-)







1 comment:

  1. Good luck!

    I've never actually downloaded a book, but so many great new writers are making their books available online, I might just have to figure out the technology....

    ReplyDelete