Wednesday, 14 September 2011

The A-Z of Me!

I've been tagged today by the lovely Mummy Misfit to write a bit about myself based on an A-Z of questions.  And, never one to shirk a challenge, I've given it a go.  Ok.  Let's get started then...

ANORAK … Do you have a sad side?
Oh God yes!  I watch X Factor.  Nuff said!

BODY … What physical attribute would you most like to change? 
How long have you got?  Pull up a chair, it's a very long list!  Seriously though, if I could change anything it would be to have perfect eyesight and not have to wear glasses or contact lenses.  I'm long-sighted with bad astigmatism so even laser surgery is out for me, so if I could have 20/20 vision and lose the specs I'd be very happy indeed!  

CELEBRITY … Which one would you most like to date and why?
Keanu Reeves - dream date? Oh yeah!
Oh, here's another one where you might have to pull up a chair 'cos if you think my list of what I'd change about my physical appearence was long, you ain't seen nothing yet!!  Can I pick more than one?  No?  I'm going to anyway... Keanu Reeves, Bradley Cooper, Ralph and Joseph Fiennes (not together - I'm not that kinky!  Although...), Jake Gyllenhaal, Dave Grohl from The Foo Fighters...I've got a thing about movie stars and rock stars, did you pick up on that by any chance? 
But, ok, if I HAD to pick one it would be the gorgeous Keanu, because I've had a crush on him for over 20 years, he's got that perfect movie star mixed with rock star look that I love, (especially when he's got the beard and the long hair!  Don't get me started...) and he's probably the only one my hubby wouldn't mind me dating...no idea why though...

DEBUT … Tell us about your first ever blog post. What made you start blogging?
Blimey!  Feels like an eternity ago that I started blogging but it was actually only a couple of months ago.  And my first ever blog post consisted of me explaining a little bit about who I was, why I'd started blogging, and sample chapters of my debut novel.
I started blogging really to try and promote my writing and my books, but it's actually turned into more than that in a way - it's turned into a place where I can just say what I'm thinking or feeling, prattle on about anything and everything from movies I've watched to TV shows that are getting on my nerves, and if any of that makes people decide to actually try any of my books then that's great!  If not, I just hope people keep visiting to keep up with my random ramblings!

ERROR … What’s been your biggest regret?
Not pursuing a career in the theatre.  I was such a good Deputy Stage Manager (even if I do say so myself!!) at college during our productions - I loved it!  But I let my lack of confidence get in the way when it came to going out there in the big wide world.  Now I wish I'd just bitten the bullet and gone for it.

FUNNY … Who’s making you laugh?
Phoenix Nights - Classic comedy!
Peter Kay.  He's bloody hilarious!  If ever I'm feeling fed up all I do is put on an episode of 'Phoenix Nights' and I'm laughing like I haven't got a care in the world! Classic Northern humour, my favourite kind!

GRAND … If we gave you one right now what would you spend it on?
Hard one that actually, believe it or not.  My first thought would be to spend it on the usual - shoes, clothes, an eye and neck lift...
I think what I'd actually spend it on though is doing the house up.  It's in desperate need of some decorating so I think I'd spend the money on some paint, wooden flooring for the lounge and hallway, and I'd get a wood burning stove fitted in the living-room.  And if there was any change left over I'd spend that on a new pair of biker boots for me!  And another tattoo!

HOLIDAY … What’s your favourite destination?
Not a destination as such, but more of a type of holiday, and that's cruising.  I love cruising!  We've been on quite a few cruises in the past (when we had money!) and I adored every one of them!  Never had a bad one.  None of your "posh" cruising mind, no P&O or Celebrity Cruise ships for us, no, we sailed with Thomson and Ocean Village and had the best time ever!  From getting dressed up for dinner to laughing like I've never laughed before (helped no end by all inclusive cocktails) during passenger talent night!  Ah, good times...


IRRITATE … What’s your most annoying habit?
Negativity.  I have to be the most negative, pessimistic person to ever walk this earth but I just figure that being this way, if anything good ever happens then it's one hell of a bonus!

JOKER … What’s your favourite joke (the one that makes you laugh every time you hear it)?
I can't actually tell you because I can't remember it! I mean, I know the joke, I just can't remember all of it and the order in which it's told because it's quite long - but it involves a duck, a welding helmet and a circus!  You see, this is why I never went into comedy...

KENNEL … Do you have any pets?
My dog Archie.

I have a little West Highland Terrier called Archie.  I say little, he's little but he's got a mouth bigger than the River Tyne!  He's gorgeous though (especially when he's asleep!) and I can't think of my life without him now.  Because I've got no children he's like my baby, and I spoil him rotten, but I love him to bits!


LOVE … Are you single, married, engaged, living with a long term partner?
I'm married.  Been married 8 years this Christmas, although we've been together for 17 years in total.  Just took a long time to get round to actually getting married!  And, to be honest, my husband must have the patience of a saint to put up with me but, despite all the ups and downs we've been through, we're still together, still going strong, and I couldn't be without him now.  Not even if Bradley Cooper knocked on my door and begged me to up sticks and move out to Malibu with him... actually, can I think about that?  (I'm joking!!)

MEAL … What’s your ultimate starter, main and dessert?
Oooh, food!  One of my favourite subjects.  I think my ultimate three course meal would have to be Indian, as I just adore Indian food!  I'd start with a lamb shish kebab, move onto a chicken karahi with garlic and coriander naan bread, but for dessert I think I'd go more traditional and opt for a raspberry pavlova and loads of fresh cream!  So much for healthy eating!

NOW … If you could be anywhere right now where would you be and who with?
I'd be over in Tenerife having a laugh with the girls, sitting outside in a sea front bar in Costa Adeje (Tenerife's "posh" part!) drinking Moet (it's cheaper over there so we could have twice as much!) whilst people watching and keeping an eye out for any Spanish "talent"!  Not that I'm shallow or anything...

OFF DUTY … What do you do in your spare time?
Play Super Mario games on the Nintendo Wii, watch movies - I'm a huge film fan! - read, and listen to lots and lots of music!  I'm also unashamedly addicted to reality TV.

PROUD MOMENTS … What are you most proud of?
The fact that me and my husband have built up everything we have from nothing, and we did it all without any help whatsoever from anyone else.  We've come a long way, and worked hard to get there.  So, yeah, I guess I'm proud of us!

QUEASY … What turns your stomach?
Salad cream!  I can't even sniff the stuff without it making me retch!  That, and hearing Katie Price being described as an author.... don't even make me go there...

RELAX … How do you relax?
I very rarely do!  I've got an inability to switch off, I find it really hard!  But I do like to try and wind down in the evenings with a nice glass (or two - depends on how the day went!) of wine (we make our own so there's always plenty of it, which is just as well round here!) and the TV.  Although, Big Brother's on at the minute and I'm finding it very hard to relax at all watching that when all I seem to do is rant my way through it every night!  I find a good film is always a much better option.  So, wine and movies - that's my perfect idea of relaxtion.


SONG … What’s your favourite song of all time?
Another hard one this, as I've got so many favourites.  But I absolutely love 'Boys of Summer' by Don Henley.  It's just a song that always makes me think of sunshine and warmth, and it brings back some very happy memories for me...

TIME … If you could go back in time and relive it again, when would you choose? 
I'd go back to the early 90's and my days as an out and out Take Thatter!  The early 90's were just such a fab time in my life!  Every weekend down the bars and clubs of Whitley Bay, dancing and singing (I'd make sure the beer wasn't quite as watered down this time round though!) and generally just having a laugh.  And I'd love to relive those numerous Take That concerts from back in the day all over again.  We had such good times going round the country on coach trips to see the boys (as they were then, although I've still not forgiven Howard Donald for lying about his age!), we had so many fantastic experiences, and met some weird and wonderful people!  I guess it was a time before I had to grow up, when all I had to worry about was what to wear at the weekend and when the next Take That tour was.  So, I'd love to go there again.  Just for a little while.


UNKNOWN … Tell us something about yourself that no one else knows?
Blimey.  Not sure there's anything left to reveal to be honest.  I'm seriously addicted to the American sitcom 'King of Queens' and have a tiny little unexplainable crush on Kevin James, the actor who plays Doug Heffernan in the series.  I'm forever watching the re-runs on Comedy Central...

VOCAL … Who is your favourite artist?
Oooh, another toughie as I love my music.  I adore the likes of Don Henley, Paul Rodgers, Sammy Hagar,  Aerosmiths Steven Tyler, Freddy Mercury, Nickelback's Chad Kroeger, Dave Grohl, Stevie Nicks, Tom Petty, John Lennon...
Joe Bonamassa - one seriously underrated artist!
But somebody I could listen to forever (no exaggeration) is Joe Bonamassa, a rock/blues guitarist who is so talented it beggars belief!  You have to see him perform live to know what I'm talking about, but that man held an audience in the palm of his hand for over 2 hours when I saw him last year and all he was doing was playing his guitar and singing!  No fancy stage set or lighting, nothing but him and that guitar.  And if you closed your eyes you could have been listening to one of his records, he was faultless!  He has the most beautiful voice, plays a guitar like the legend he deserves to be, and is severley underrated in the music world.  A true, true talent.


WORK … What’s your dream job and are you doing it now?
I've already done a blog post about this very subject, A Girl Can Dream - and these are the jobs I dream of doing so I've got more than a few ideas of what my dream job would be.  I would absolutely love to have been an actress - of the Hollywood variety, I'm sucked in by all that glamour and glitz - but my lack of confidence saw to that.  When I did my course in Performing Arts it became very clear very early on that I was much better behind the camera than infront of it, but that was only because I didn't have the confidence to push myself.
My other dream job is to be an author.  And I'm trying extremely hard to achieve that very dream as we speak!

XRAY … Any broken bones?
Nope.  Never broken any bones so far, touch wood!

YIKES … What’s been your most embarrassing moment?
Oh God, we could be here for hours... falling on my arse during pathetic attempts at trying to ski is probably up there somewhere.  Although I'm sure there are far worse, I'm just not revealing them!! 

ZOO … If you were an animal, which one would you be?
Hmm.... let me think about this for a second.  If I had to be a zoo animal, I suppose I'd go for a lion or a tiger.  Not entirely sure why, but they always look so regal and majestic - and relaxed, for some reason! 

So there you have it.  The A-Z of me!  Now, and I'm almost positive about this, you know absolutely everything there is to know about me!  But if you want to find out more about my attempts at becoming that author that I really want to be, you can pop over and visit my other blog Michelle Betham: Author - It's All About The Books  where you can check out all of my books, and decide for yourself just how successful my attempts are proving to be!
  

1 comment:

  1. That was very enlightening and a great read from our prospective. Well done you. Probably not the easiest thing to do when having to put pen to paper!! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete