Tuesday, 30 August 2011

What's going on here? The blog is back, that's what!

What's going on is that I'm trying to re-launch my blog - again!  It's getting a bit like 'Groundhog Day' round here, I'm half expecting Bill Murray to pop up with something furry under his arm, but no, it's just me.  Having another go.  God loves a tryer, and I'm certainly one of those!  Not sure I like the timing of The Bee Gee's 'Tragedy' coming on the radio just now though...

Anyway, so here we go with yet another blog re-launch.  I've faffed about with the design, changed the colours and the layout, and I've decided that, rather than me trying to think of witty and interesting subjects to talk about every day (I'm not that clever, believe me) I'd just make this a diary.  Simple as that.  You can catch up with what I'm getting up to (I'm not exactly Cheryl Cole though, so I wouldn't expect anything earth shattering to happen, although I'm learning to become optimistic!) see the kind of life I actually lead, and keep up-to-date with the books I'm reading, and the ones I'm writing, the movies I'm watching, the TV I love, and the music that keeps me going.  I even got one of those Smart Phone things for my birthday so there may even be pictures!  I know!  Talk about progress!

There probably won't be posts every day - I'm busy trying to get a novel ready to upload to Amazon, and writing my fourth book so I'm pretty busy - but if the mood takes me, something'll appear!  Even if it's just me letting everyone know the status of my Bradley Cooper crush!  I just wish that man wouldn't cut his hair!  He was so sexy in 'The Hangover'... and don't get me started on 'Limitless'... where was I?  Oh yeah, this "new" blog of mine.  It's here, I'm back, it might prove interesting to some, it might not to others.  But if you really want to keep up-to-date with the life of a new, independent author, then please feel free to join me on my journey.  You never know, you might like it. ;-)

Right, might as well do a little entry for today, seeing as I'm here.  So, how's Tuesday 30th August going for me so far?  Well, I've got a headache from hell, I can't stop thinking about food (mainly because I know I have to start eating less), and I really wanted to watch 'Source Code' last night but ended up moaning at 'Celebrity Big Brother' instead (and that should be investigated under the trades description act! I'm still waiting for a celebrity to go in there...) - I mean, come on, does the world really need Jedward?? - but apart from that, my day hasn't been all that bad.  But it's not finished yet, is it?  I really must learn to become one of those "glass half full" type of people...

I had a really nice thing happen this morning though, in the shape of the lovely Mummy Misfit (check out her blog here!) http://mummymisfit.blogspot.com/  who gave me the most  wonderful mention in her blog post today.  She read my romantic chick lit novel, 'Too Much Trouble in Paradise' over the weekend, left a fabulous review on Amazon (5 stars!) http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B005628JE6/ref=dp_db_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1 and then mentioned me in her blog post, recommending not only me as an author, but also my book!  And I am so grateful and so touched that she did that, but she is proving to be a valuable and very special pillar of support.  As a fellow indie author we really need each other, and the fact she did that for me is something I am truly grateful for.  I shall be reading her own novel 'Diary of A Mummy Misfit'   http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diary-Mummy-Misfit-ebook/dp/B0053UNS60/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1314702108&sr=1-1 very soon, and supporting her the way she's supported me.  Because she more than deserves it.
And while I'm on the subject of wonderful and talented indie authors, check out the fabulous Laurel Mayer too! http://www.laurelmayer.com/  Together, the three of us make up the 'Fabulous Feisty Indies' and we're all going to make sure we're a force to be reckoned with in the world of writing.  Watch this space!

Ok, that's enough for today, I think.  I've got stuff to do with regard to my soon-to-become-available romance novel 'See You At The Show', the dog needs a walk, and I need the exercise!  200 sit ups a day alone isn't going to get me the body of Elle Macpherson... actually, I doubt a million quid could get me the body of Elle Macpherson but a girl can dream... hopefully about Bradley Cooper...

If you'd like to check out any of my existing novels, then please visit my other blog http://michellebethamindieauthor.blogspot.com/
for all the information you need, from reviews to sample chapters to how to download copies for yourself.







No comments:

Post a Comment